project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
17 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2011-01-17, 07:36   #1
MacGyver_
Default Crouch to standing shot accuracy

I've noticed in the past and today especially, that changing between crouched stance and standing stance doesnt effect bullet spread as all other movement does. I was killed by an insurgent with a dragunov from ~200m away, and it only took one shot. He was crouching behing a barrier, and i was waiting for him to pop up and fire with terrible accuracy from changing stance.
But no, he stood up from behind cover and nailed me straight away
That's probably the 3rd time this has happened to me, and I'd like to see changing stances affect bullet spread, as playing whack-a-mole and losing isn't very realistic
MacGyver_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 08:00   #2
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member
Default Re: Crouch to standing shot accuracy

I agree a little deviation applied would stop the 'jack in the boxes'.
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 08:03   #3
Mj Pain
Supporting Member

I think the Devs are aware of this problem and would have fixed it if it was possible.

Mj Pain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 08:21   #4
mikeros

This kind of deviation is inside the BF2 and it has been changed by the last patch 1.50

It was the one that has been used in BF2142 and it was very strange for the PKM shooters that just went crouching HS from miles away.

You can see the deviation at the HAT's squares. you will notice that if you go prone and stay prone for some seconds you are zeroing the deviation from maximum. When you stand up you have that zeroed deviation.

A popular tactic in BF2142 is the crouch - stand movement. it provides you cover + every time you crouch you are fixing your deviation faster after every shot... Although PR devs manage to increase the time to zero deviation. It is not difficult. you just need to learn how to shot in PR, and I don't think that PR is going to change to be easier.
mikeros is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 20:19   #5
BenHamish

Quote:
I was killed by an insurgent with a dragunov from ~200m away, and it only took one shot.
Dragunov's one-shot-kill as it is from what I remember.. They are killing machines.

But yes, unfortunately the 'hopping' thing is hardcoded. There was a thread about it a while back.
BenHamish is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 15:35   #6
USMCMIDN

I get killed from crouch stand 1 hit shot all the time haha
USMCMIDN is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 09:22   #7
Lord Jesus
Banned

I actually don't think this is a problem. In real life, raising your stance a few inches to get a shot off on a enemy doesn't carry much deviation, close to zero, because PR doesn't have a peek system implanted. This is the only method we have on taking out shooters who have been firmly planted in their firing stance.
Lord Jesus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 16:52   #8
Bluedrake42
Supporting Member

Actually I like it, cause if you think about it, since we're not allowed the full range of movement, its impossible to effectively take cover in some situations in a way that would allow you to also fire back. So since we have only 3 levels of height from which to use, I think it makes sense... I hope I just made sense right now haha
Bluedrake42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 19:26   #9
Lord Jesus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedrake42 View Post
Actually I like it, cause if you think about it, since we're not allowed the full range of movement, its impossible to effectively take cover in some situations in a way that would allow you to also fire back. So since we have only 3 levels of height from which to use, I think it makes sense... I hope I just made sense right now haha
We both wrote the same opinion.
Lord Jesus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 20:10   #10
badmojo420
Supporting Member

It's true, we don't have full range of movement in video games. So peaking over a wall isn't like it would be in real life.

But, what we do have in video games is a lot of absolutes. Which results in super human abilities like this wack-a-mole tactic.

When a player hides behind an object and pops up, they can aim, and then crouch again. As long as they do not move their mouse, the instant they pop back up, their weapon will be aimed EXACTLY where it was the last time they popped up. When dealing with targets at over 100m, it's a super human ability.

I don't accept this "we can't peak, so zero deviation is a good thing" argument.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
accuracy, crouch, shot, standing