project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Norwegian Forces
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Norwegian Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Norwegian Forces faction.

Old 2011-05-31, 16:25   #1
Zimmer
Supporting Member

Default [Off-Topic] Tell about what you have done in the norwegian military.

Nvm dont need this hanging around teh internet for to long.

People don't realize that autism doesn't mean they're "stupid". Just socially inept. Like rhino... > > or in a worst case scenario... Wicca. =)- Lithium fox
I found this sentence quite funny and since this is a war game forum I will put it here. No offense to the french just a good laugh.
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Last edited by Zimmer; 2013-08-02 at 16:05..
Old 2011-05-31, 17:38   #2
mockingbird0901
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Off-Topic] Tell about what you have done in the norwegian military.

Was in 2bn. since the summer of 09, then got transfered to Pbn in the winter along with the rest of the battalion.
Won't tell which one I liked the most though...
Was a medic, thinking about going back there some day working as a nurce, I am currently studying that now.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
-Albert Einstein
Volens et potens
Tema567 just might be my new hero
Old 2011-06-01, 17:36   #3
Steean-X
Default Re: [Off-Topic] Tell about what you have done in the norwegian military.

Love the thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockingbird0901 View Post
Won't tell which one I liked the most though...
Naah, your profile pic gave it away So you were in "Santroppen" in esk 6?

I am currently in PBn in Stormeskadronen 3, therefore I am not a "private", I'm a "dragoon", even though they're the "same". Been here since august 11th 2010, and I'm done july 1st. I am a gunner at the IFV CV9030N, and that has been a lot of fun.

My squadron only has 17 conscripts, as we have one GBU-troop. (soon-to-be sergeants). We have helped them over the year both theoretical and practical. For example, some of them had to learn to be a driver, gunner, AND the vehicle commander of the CV90, and I'm a more "specialized" gunner, so naturally we know more about the spesifics. Also practical, we have been their OpFor as foot plenty of times, so I haven't had the "normal" gunner-year "relaxing in the vehicle all the time"-service. A bit more active, I believe.

Also, our squadron, and our "clone-squadron"; Stormeskadron 4 were the chosen one to go to Afghan this year. I was actually really keen, but then I had a week home on "perm", and then I loved being home too much. As soon as I got back to Setermoen, I immediately wanted to go to Afghan again, but a couple of weeks later the whole shit was cancelled due to political stuff and shit. So looks like I'm gonna play PR the whole next year to make it up.

These last four weeks are going to be really boring, just preparing equipment, vehicles and weapons for the next years conscripts. Today I believe I almost collapsed due to Whitespirit overload, scrubbing the inside of "utstyrsrom 3" on the CV90 (thats a pretty tricky spot to scrub.

All in all, a really really awesome year with lots of action. Especially yeasterday, the sharp military exercise "Svartmink", the whole battallion with some help from artillery, the engineers, the medics and the airforce. We had CV90, RFK, Mortars, F16 shooting, Leo2, artillery, we practically had everything, and it was with sharp ammo. Pretty damn awesome.

I'm "in charge" of the "dimmefilm", so I can put up some awesome clips here later for you to see.
They want 7 CV90-gunners to stay here in PBn as specialized gunners as grenadiers for the next year. Sounds tempting, but Setermoen, being here in Troms, not so much. I'm going home to PR and McDonalds.

Stian
Old 2011-06-01, 18:21   #4
mockingbird0901
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steean-X View Post
Naah, your profile pic gave it away So you were in "Santroppen" in esk 6?
Oh did it now
That's right.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
-Albert Einstein
Volens et potens
Tema567 just might be my new hero
Old 2011-06-01, 18:32   #5
KP
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steean-X View Post
L
They want 7 CV90-gunners to stay here in PBn as specialized gunners as grenadiers for the next year. Sounds tempting, but Setermoen, being here in Troms, not so much. I'm going home to PR and McDonalds.
Old 2011-06-01, 18:50   #6
Naruto-kun

I didn't get through session part 1 due to that I said that I had problems with my feet and back, which really sucks hairy monkey balls!

the thing is: back when i did the session was that I was not in shape at all, but now I've trained a lot and got rid of the problems. I want another chance for the army, anyone know what I should do?

But I have been at one Airforce Camp at And?ya and that was cool since we could go inside of a P-3 Orion.

Also I've been into the HVU for a little while
Last edited by Naruto-kun; 2011-06-01 at 18:55..
Old 2011-06-01, 19:12   #7
KP
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
I didn't get through session part 1 due to that I said that I had problems with my feet and back, which really sucks hairy monkey balls!

the thing is: back when i did the session was that I was not in shape at all, but now I've trained a lot and got rid of the problems. I want another chance for the army, anyone know what I should do?

But I have been at one Airforce Camp at And?ya and that was cool since we could go inside of a P-3 Orion.

Also I've been into the HVU for a little while
Call Vernepliktsverket, explain your situation and see if they can sort you out.
Old 2011-06-01, 19:16   #8
HeXeY

You could probably call Vernepliktsverket, 03003 I believe, and hear with them.

Damn you KP -.-
Old 2011-06-01, 19:16   #9
Naruto-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]KP View Post
Call Vernepliktsverket, explain your situation and see if they can sort you out.
Ahh thanks, I will see what I can work out
Last edited by Naruto-kun; 2011-06-01 at 19:43..
Old 2011-06-03, 14:01   #10
stiankir

lets switch places, I'm an inductee at HMKG. Not gonna happen...

Tags
military, norwegian, offtopic