project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2008-02-18, 17:47   #1
(HUN)Rud3bwoy
Supporting Member

Default Accuracy/Deviation and Stamina

I was wondering if it's realistic if the soldier's stamina is combined with his accuracy.
My idea is that if a soldier's stamina is below 30%, the weapon's deviation would be a bit higher, since it is harder to aim when you are out of breath, and your pulse is a bit higher than usual. When the stamina is red or at 0% (when you hear the player wheezing and breathing very hard) the deviation would be even higher when the stamina is below 30%.
I know that it is already implemented that after running it takes more time to minimize deviation, but my idea would simulate the effects of a longer sprint/jumping (idk if its codeable though).
So what do you guys think about this?
Last edited by (HUN)Rud3bwoy; 2008-02-18 at 17:54..
Old 2008-02-18, 17:52   #2
Jonny

may just be possible if you are lucky.

what about setting .SpeedDevAddForward quite low compared to .SpeedDevMax, and .SpeedDevSub even lower? Would that cause the effects of .SpeedDevAddForward to be added continuously while moving or is it just added once?
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 16:44   #3
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Stamina-related accuracy

A thought that's occured to me before - but is it possible to link up the stamina bar and accuracy/deviation?

The idea would be to have a sliding scale of accuracy (not with a massive difference between the two ends, but a noticeable one) tied to the stamina bar.

Someone runs, jumps and skips their way into battle and arrives puffed out, bar in the red : crap deviation, gets shot.

Someone takes their time, walks into battle and takes up a good position : good deviation, does the shooting.

In short it'd help reduce run n' gun tactics.

Anyone know if it's possible?

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post
Masaq is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 16:51   #4
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

I like.
This would work nicely in tandem with AWFUL deviation (I mean you couldn't hit a guy 10m away with sighted M16 burst), for about 3 seconds.

...mongol...

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 16:51   #5
Tef

Yea that's always a nice realistic touch. I think you should add more vehicles to compensate though because for a good amount of the time you have to hough it all the way across the map...
Tef is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 16:53   #6
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

It'd promote sensible use of the sprint, though. Personally even when hoofing it across the entire map, I try and keep at least a third of my stamina bar remaining so I can run like buggery if I stumble onto a firebase or similar.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post
Masaq is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 17:10   #7
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Suggested something similar in another thread 15 minutes ago <.<, I do like this, as I find utterly annoying how a support gunner carrying 30-50 Kg of equipment who just ran 300 m has better accuracy than the guy with 25 Kg backpack who checks his corners and only runs across open terrain.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 17:17   #8
$kelet0r

If it can be done, I'm all for it .... especially if going prone has a major stamina penalty
$kelet0r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 19:03   #9
Brummy

I like.
Brummy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 19:19   #10
Jonny

I've seen nothing for it in the files, but, it could be done like that with the modifiers, you just need to calculate them correctly. It wouldn't actually be the sprint bar, but it would give the same effect. Assuming there is seperate things for sprinting and walking, ofcourse.

It does not look like there is though, so walking would be the same as running.
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
accuracy, deviation, stamina, stamina bar, staminarelated