project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2009-07-31, 01:53   #1
Ghost741

Default [?] Capturable Airfeild?

So Im working on a map and Im into creating CPs, I want to include a capturable airstrip. Im planning on doing one of 2 things. Either simply having a helipad that would suffice as a repair station closer than the USMC Carrier for dieing Hueys or to even have a Huey or two spawn there. I dont know of any other maps with non-main object spawners and Im curious if this is due to this kind of CP being frowned upon. I just dont want to include something that the Devs wouldnt like. So is a vehicle spawn away from main allowed?
Ghost741 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 02:03   #2
Tomato-Rifle

Default Re: [?] Capturable Airfeild

A vehicle spawn away from main can be done, but what you have to think about. Is the flag gonna be

cappable from both sides? wont the helis get destroyed because of enemy attacking? Could put a dome

of death on the flag, but then the other side couldn't cap....
Tomato-Rifle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 02:51   #3
Ghost741

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato_With_A_Rifle View Post
A vehicle spawn away from main can be done, but what you have to think about. Is the flag gonna be

cappable from both sides? wont the helis get destroyed because of enemy attacking? Could put a dome

of death on the flag, but then the other side couldn't cap....
Yes it would be cappable by both sides and thats why it would be a valuable defend point, also allow for some special forces squad to go behind enemy lines and destroy some helos, thus adding to the reality, altho in the setup of my map the airfield is in the farthest possible position from other CPs as well as main bases. I will probably make it a no respawn to prevent the enemy from just camping the pad and killing tickets every 10 minutes. Also, the Chinese have no helos on the map so nothing would spawn for them. I might just make heli pads with no helo spawns, suggestions?
Old 2009-07-31, 03:29   #4
badmojo420
Supporting Member

You could add more helo spawns on the carrier, and have them dependent on the airstrip being capped. That way, when the airstrip is taken, and you can support more birds in the air, reinforcements can be flown in from the carrier. It just takes away from immersion when you capture an area in the battlefield and instantly vehicles pop up. Not to mention if you take it under fire. Who wants the added responsibility of defending a couple fresh choppers when you just barely capped the flag from the onslaught of enemy forces. I could see times where people on the PLA side would fall back just beyond the cap radius and wait for the choppers to spawn, then rush in and take the flag and 10 tickets.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 04:08   #5
Ghost741

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmojo420 View Post
You could add more helo spawns on the carrier, and have them dependent on the airstrip being capped. That way, when the airstrip is taken, and you can support more birds in the air, reinforcements can be flown in from the carrier. It just takes away from immersion when you capture an area in the battlefield and instantly vehicles pop up. Not to mention if you take it under fire. Who wants the added responsibility of defending a couple fresh choppers when you just barely capped the flag from the onslaught of enemy forces. I could see times where people on the PLA side would fall back just beyond the cap radius and wait for the choppers to spawn, then rush in and take the flag and 10 tickets.
Thats a great idea, thanks man. I'll do that. Problem Solved

Tags
airfeild, capturable