project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2010-03-09, 20:59   #1
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

Default QBZ95 accuracy?

so just a quick question for all of you, do you think the Chinese QBZ-95 assault rifle is perhaps a bit too stable? mind you i'm usually on the butt end of that rifle. i've recently noticed that with this rifle i can easily take out half a squad before they even hit me once and thats with them all firing back at me, and vice versa with any other teams rifles its hard to hit anything past your second shot in semi (this is asuming you're firing at a quick rate tap tap tap). any thoughts on this?

Information in the hands of a critical thinker is invaluable, information alone is simply dangerous.
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 21:02   #2
Jigsaw

Default Re: QBZ95 accuracy?

You may just enjoy using that weapon, everyone has favourites. I find that I am particularly proficient with the M4 Aimpoint but that does not mean it is any better or worse than the other rifles in-game.

The QBZ does combine full auto with a decent caliber (stopping power) and a bullpup configuration which means recoil is lower than other weapons. So yes it is very good, but not to the point that it is not balanced with the other main assault rifles.
Jigsaw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 21:14   #3
Qaiex

I have to agree I find the QBZ-95 more stable than the others but it might just be personal preference. Someone could always check the code to verify any differences if they were really interested.
Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 21:17   #4
gazzthompson

IIRC all rifles in game have same deviation, dunno about recoil.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 21:18   #5
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Strangely enough I do find the Scope QBZ a lucky gun, I'm aweful with the ironsight version, however I'm great with the ironsights of the other rifles and aweful with teh scope versions

The truth is out there

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 21:20   #6
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
IIRC all rifles in game have same deviation, dunno about recoil.
recoil for sure is different, deviation is almost same(ie on AK-47/AKS its a bit higher)

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
DankE_SPB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 21:22   #7
Scot
Supporting Member

I love the QBZ, my fave gun It's very stable and nice to use.

Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 22:39   #8
Nehil

I too find the QBZ95 too feel a lot more accurate. However, I don't know if there really is a difference between it and the M4.
Nehil is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 22:56   #9
Arnoldio
Banned

Its nice, compact, feels kindof "heavy", just right (the ironisht version).

the Tavor si similar with the aimpoint but its feels too weak
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 01:06   #10
nedlands1

The QBZ-95 is pretty much the L85A2 with 5% more muzzle climb and a slightly less powerful scope. The cartridge does slightly more damage than 5.56x45mm NATO however it is not enough to reduce the rounds needed to drop someone. The QBZ-95 also has slightly more recoil than the M4. All the assault rifles/battle rifles have the same deviation except for the AK-47, the AKS-47 and the AKS-74U which have a cone of fire with a diameter which is a third larger when looking down the sights.
Last edited by nedlands1; 2010-03-10 at 01:14..

Tags
accuracy, qbz95