project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2016-12-22, 18:42   #1
Brozef
Default Deploying C4

Why on earth does it take so bloody long to deploy the c4 charges? It constantly occurs to me when playing INS that this long delay could literally be the difference between winning the match and losing it. I know in real life it would be better to handle explosives with care, but you would think once you prepare it once then all it should be is placing it down and running.

Can the deploy time please be reduced?
Brozef is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-22, 23:41   #2
Mickey Mouse
Default Re: Deploying C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozef View Post
It constantly occurs to me when playing INS that this long delay could literally be the difference between winning the match and losing it.
This is kind of the point...
Mickey Mouse is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 17:52   #3
PricelineNegotiator
Banned

I think 2 or 3 seconds could be trimmed off. Explosion delay is fine, but it would be nice to right click for command detonated c4 or however the weapon slots would allow it.
PricelineNegotiator is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 20:49   #4
chrisweb89
PR Server License Moderator

The problem with the old C4, C4 glitch and before that incendiaries was that one rambo could suicide rush the cache and deploy it faster than you could kill them. Now thats mostly fixed because of how long it takes to deploy. You can still ninja but you'll have to hope the cache itself is kind of empty.
chrisweb89 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 21:30   #5
Mouthpiece
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozef View Post
Why on earth does it take so bloody long to deploy the c4 charges? It constantly occurs to me when playing INS that this long delay could literally be the difference between winning the match and losing it. I know in real life it would be better to handle explosives with care, but you would think once you prepare it once then all it should be is placing it down and running.

Can the deploy time please be reduced?
What about the idea of clearing out the cache are before taking it out? The proper way.
Mouthpiece is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
deploying