project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2017-03-24, 15:04   #1
IronFist

Default 5.45x39 RPM

Hello everyone, i have noticed by looking at the game files and the Project Reality Wiki that the 5.45x39 bullet does 36 damage against a soldier who is wearing kevlar. This makes the AK-74/AK-74M/AKS-74U very weak, especially with its 600 RPM. When you compare this to NATO weapons who have 39 bullet damage+ 900 RPM such as the US weapons or the IDF weapons, it has absolutely no chance to win. I always notice that Russians get absolutely slaughtered on maps like Saaremaa or Dovre because the AK-74M is trash and is no match to these "god guns". Let's not forget to mention the 1P29 scope because it's completely obsolete compared to the ACOG and the others scopes, which gives the Russians another disadvantage.
So won't it be better to buff the 5.45x39 projectile by giving it 38 or 39 damage?
IronFist is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-24, 15:34   #2
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor
Default re: 5.45x39 RPM

I'd prefer to have every rifle get their RPMs decreased to 600 RPM. 36 damage v 39 isn't a big deal, it's a three-shot for all of these guns except on higher ranges, but the recoil cut-off benefits these guns immensely to the point that the AK74M having barely any recoil is hardly worth mentioning.

Maybe sometime in the future...

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-24, 15:45   #3
QuickLoad

Slight damage has nothing to do with team getting slaughtered,
Team gets slaughtered because they were worse than the other team, this is seen in every way.

AK-74M firing a 5.45 is indeed a smaller round, it also has less recoil to go with that - that's the main reason wyh RU adopted it. 1P29 scope is just for realism purposes.

If you have the drop, you will always win. Comparing miniscule damage values which still result in 3 shot healthy kills are nearly always irrelevant unless someone who was wounded was fighting another wounded person. In that case - don't be wounded and engage the enemy at the same time.

Like I said, in every case, it has nothing to do with damage value - but more to do with how players are.
QuickLoad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-24, 18:33   #4
IronFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
but the recoil cut-off benefits these guns immensely to the point that the AK74M having barely any recoil is hardly worth mentioning.
Exactly, that's why i think it would be fair to give a damage increase to the 74M because those weapons have high RPM, good damage and easy recoil which is ridiculous because they're probably difficult to control in full auto in RL. All of this makes the 74M subpar and most of the time ineffective.
IronFist is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-24, 18:49   #5
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

It won't matter if it's 36, 39 or 42 damage, the 900 RPM guns will prevail no matter if the damage is the same or in the same ballpark(3-hit KO range). What will matter is the reduced RPM on the 900 RPM rifles as that makes the recoil far more important(less recoil cut-off) whilst increasing the time it takes to kill. If you compare the G36's, QBZ's or SA80's performance to the AK's you'll notice it is all largely similar, whereas the C7/8 and M4A1(and to a degree the Famas as well) just shit on the AK all day long.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-24, 18:51   #6
Heavy Death

If you want magical balance, try quake, otherwise git gud.

I only find Famas really effective in cqb, other than that it is pretty much the same shit.
Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-24, 19:21   #7
viirusiiseli
Banned

High RPM weapons dont have enough recoil, it was reported and demonstrated, nothing happened
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-24, 19:43   #8
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by viirusiiseli View Post
High RPM weapons dont have enough recoil, it was reported and demonstrated, nothing happened
Its Rivers thing, I attempted to look at a new idea on recoil and he told me to back off way back when.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-24, 20:38   #9
Cpt.Future
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
I always notice that Russians get absolutely slaughtered on maps like Saaremaa or Dovre
Not really. Especially Saaremaa is very balanced

Cpt.Future is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-24, 23:12   #10
tankninja1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
When you compare this to NATO weapons who have 39 bullet damage+ 900 RPM
I think all the M16 variants fire at 1200rpm rather than 900 (because of game engine limitations) with the exception of the modern US guns which are limited to 3 round burst. Though IIRC all weapons are bound to multiples of 300rpm up to 1800rpm so 900rpm should be possible which is about what the M16 fires, certainly closer that 1200. While I'm rambling anybody else remember when the M14 had a bugged rate of fire of 1800rpm, those were the days.

That is why the Vietnam M16 and the C7s burn through a mag in a half second.

The damage a bullet does in the game is rather pointless basically all guns will kill in 1, 2, or 3 shots with the exception of pistol rounds. So the difference between 36 damage and 39 damage is negligible since 3 hits from either bullet will be a kill while 2 hits will leave you a few seconds from turning black and white. (all of the above is true with the exception of head shots)
Last edited by tankninja1; 2017-03-24 at 23:21..

Tags
5.45x39, damage, rpm