project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2008-07-17, 10:49   #1
Boommelonshot
Default AH1Z Cobra Hellfire

I have noticed that the cobras carry hellfires correct? Well when you shoot them from he gunner seat they go straight, but in real life they dont go straight actually they go up in the air and hit there target from the top, similar to one of the modes on a javelin rocket launcher. There should be a better lock on system that takes less time and actually tracks the target rather then just staying static. If you cant change that atleast change the rockets from hellfires to tows. and it would be cool if you change sight of the gunner seat to a straight crosshair. There is a you tube video that shows the cobra in action if you would like to watch for some ideas for the crosshairs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lME9...eature=related
Boommelonshot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 14:39   #2
/ASF/.Venom
Default Re: AH1Z Cobra Hellfire

along with this we need to have to constantly laser paint a target for a missile to hit, and the missile should follow the laser.. and then the missile comes from above and BAM!! no more tank/entrenched inf/w/e else lol
/ASF/.Venom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 15:24   #3
Mora

There are deferent systems for the hellfire. The one the cobra uses is the TOW and HF

Tow is just a straight missile that works exacly like we have now. HF is top-down witch where the missile will first go up and attack from above.
Mora is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 16:15   #4
RCMoonPie
Supporting Member

This has been discussed before.....do a search for "top-down" I think.

It would be a nice effect in game though.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
RCMoonPie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 16:52   #5
Craz3y|Assasin

that would be a good option though to go over building or other object
Craz3y|Assasin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 16:55   #6
AnimalMother.
Supporting Member

kinda off-topic but about the cobra?

i was under the illusion that the USMC used AH-1W (two rotor version) rather then the AH-1Z (which is designated a Super Viper iirc)

can someone clear this up for me? and if i am right (you never know it might happen) will we see one in game?
AnimalMother. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 17:00   #7
RCMoonPie
Supporting Member

All Cobras in the US were began to be upgraded several years back. Some are 4 rotor and some havnt made the transition yet.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
RCMoonPie is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
ah1z, cobra, hellfire