project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
16 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2021-06-07, 12:32   #1
[R-CON]​CAS_ual_TY
PR:BF2 Contributor
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Default Make dogfights great again

Nerf long range AA heavily. Either remove them or increase lock time severely. They almost always hit and can just be right clicked instantly

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-07, 13:16   #2
transpilot
Banned
Default Re: Make dogfights great again

Just dont get locked?
transpilot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-07, 16:08   #3
VTRaptor

I remember times when using guns was a thing and dogfight required skill, now it doesn't matter how good you are, but how lucky you are to spot enemy first, I mean luck was always a factor, but now it all comes down to it. That plus absurd amount of time for jets to spawn in relation to how vulnerable they are, nobody to support you from the ground e.g. relay good lazes, report AAs and also - always present AA vehicles on maps with CAS, stationary AA (there can be SIX of them, not counting sometimes preexisting AAA), 2 manpads and you're going on a five minute adventure - up and down. The most unrewarding asset type at the current state really. Imagine taking shittiest asset like some mtlb or hmww on khami and rolling around getting sick kills with your buddy in amounts few times higher instead of wasting your time and mental health waiting for something you'll loose on the first contact with the enemy if you're purely unlucky and that is not the worst that can happen - total tryhards that will wait you out or abusive admins on the only active server (that nobody ever did anything about) that are out there to get you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNw7V_SYIQ4

Quote:
Originally Posted by transpilot View Post
Just dont get locked?
Good idea, and i know just the right way to do it. Keep the plane on the airfield the entire game.
Last edited by VTRaptor; 2021-06-07 at 16:46..
Old 2021-06-08, 12:11   #4
Coalz101

Impossible, the only way is to make Jet flares and RWR more OP (Helicopter meta is fine right now in my opinion) but we know thats not going to happen. There was an update, when the new RWR sounds were introduced, you were able to flare before full lock on if we had that there'd be much less of a problem honestly. but they nerfed it. Even in the RWR sounds developed you can hear the 2 different tones. I'd appreciate having that, even if its a half a second before complete lock on it will nerf some of those easy long range cas engagements

https://youtu.be/6etRiWZIbYE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W-_bWp6pEM
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-10, 01:16   #5
BRZbruh

Dogfighting in a modern setting is entirely unrealistic anyways
BRZbruh is offline Reply With Quote