project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-06, 09:10   #1
MadTommy
Supporting Member
Default Smacktard / Teamkiller Thread - why remove - please put back. Forum Moderation Q.

The 'smacktard & teamkiller' thread has been moved.

I don't understand why, as now it servers no purpose. I thought it was for the community to highlight problem players. It was also in an open forum, so the player complained about could tell their side of the story. I.e. we could have a balanced picture.

As an admin this thread was useful, now its useless.

Please consider allowing a new thread or moving this one back to the open forums.

Players should be able to report smacktards to the community, without having their posts censored by the moderators. Reports do not have to equal flaming threads.

The advice of going to the web site of the server where the offence happened is not an efficient solution. It is inefficient and will only move problem players from one server to another.

The community should have the right to highlight smacktards on these community forums so the community can see and judge what action to take. And the player complained about should be able to tell their side too.

Thanks.
Old 2008-10-06, 09:14   #2
gazzthompson

Default Re: Smacktard / Teamkiller Thread - why remove - please put back. Forum Moderation Q.

i concur

Old 2008-10-06, 10:09   #3
LtSoucy
Supporting Member

Default Re: Smacktard / Teamkiller Thread - why remove - please put back. Forum Moderation Q.

x3 i think it should be brought back.

Reality Gaming - Making Games Reality
http://realitygamer.org/

Old 2008-10-06, 10:28   #4
Canadian4206

It was definetly useful, I am not a Server Admin but I looked at a couple of the posts and they were always very detailed accusations. Some people would record them, so they got video tape of this selected person causing drama. You would see this guy constantly tking on purpose, and then doing this whole thing like Oh I diddn't mean to do it, it was a accident type thing. It was nice to see this drama causers who usually get away with things because they lie about what they did get caught red handed and reported to the entire community. It was basicly like a rep thing, or a law system in real-life. You know? Like if you get caught doing something illegal, you get thrown in prison and it goes on your record. That way if he does it again, and tries to play innocent. He has his record of doing it to debunk that.

Also Server Admins could ban the player from the server based on the accusation and proof provided on it so that player can't enter the server. Leaving the server one less future trouble maker.

Infact I couldn't think of a more useful thread then it.
Old 2008-10-06, 12:15   #5
Katsu

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10...-sa-forum.html

Describes as to why it was changed, however I agree with those here, it really should be made openly available again. Maybe it does encourage bitching somewhat but the pro's out weight the cons.
Old 2008-10-06, 12:56   #6
MadTommy
Supporting Member

Thanks for the link.

I dont agree with Fuzz or Fox. Why should the admins have to be solely responsible for this??? .. the community can also help with the reporting and the admins can take the action.

Fuzz and Fox.. that is such an inefficient way to deal with smacktards. It simply pushes idiots from one server to another. And generates more crap for admins.

If a player comes to me complaining of an idiot on our server i will deal with it. But I wont be making endless reports on the PR forums.
Old 2008-10-08, 07:53   #7
MadTommy
Supporting Member

Hey Mods, any response?

I see you all over the forums.. but when asked a direct question.. nothing. Which is pretty funny.

Masaq, are you responsible for these decisions or is it anyone with the forum admin privileges??

Or do i get the mod response as seen below?

Old 2008-10-08, 10:09   #8
LtSoucy
Supporting Member

I think they ran off at the picture of a street being closed, they cant get to the meeting if the streets closed by tommys own protection force.

Reality Gaming - Making Games Reality
http://realitygamer.org/

Old 2008-10-08, 13:54   #9
bahlye

TBH...the old ST/TKer thread was 10% reports..90% the people being reported having a whinge/people responding to said whinge.(imo...but hell I've been wrong before ...)

The decision to move it to to SA section was more of an attempt to stop the "Oh that guy did this/that " reports and have an area where the actual server admins can see who is being a Tool and where/when without having to read thru 3 pages of blah blah.

If you run a server,and its admined efficiently and consistently ,there is little need for outside reports,they aren't much more than a "player to watch out for" heads up.

The SA Thread does this and compiles information which contains guids/hashes and IP's that should not be posted publicly .

My point is that of all the people that ended up being listed in the old TKer/ST thread...most of them were randoms and not regular players on the servers that they caused problems on.
Therefore were people that the admins of those servers should have

A- Been around,either in game or BF2CC,to deal with those players themselves.

B -Had an area in which to compile/compare information on the repeat offenders and ban the
ferk tards that set out to ruin the game for others on the server that want to play PR as it is supposed to be ,with Teamwork and maturity.

And now we have ^.

And without the bitching and flame/counterflame that happened in the old thread.

Server Admins need to deal with problem players on their server/servers themselves,thats why they are server admins presumably .
But the SA thread is a handy place to track the twits had are just out to ruin the game for those that play it properly.

I realise you all may not agree with my personal POV on this...
But its my personal POV on this..

KTHXBI
Last edited by bahlye; 2008-10-08 at 14:05.. Reason: I said Fuck...whoops..Changed to ferk..
Old 2008-10-08, 14:41   #10
MadTommy
Supporting Member

I understand your points.

But as an admin i found it very useful. Screen shots of racists etc were very hard to refute.

And i was easy to sort the wheat from the chaff, if you know what i mean.
Closed Thread

Tags
back, forum, moderation, put, remove, smacktard, teamkiller, thread