project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
24 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2020-04-30, 18:57   #1
InfantryGamer42
Default Kafr Halab

This was my first experience whit map. This is all feedback for standard.
We had close game. I think FSA would won if players were not kicked constantly and if we placed more hideouts around flags. In general FSA just need to be organised to hold flags, because they have heavy firepower advantage.

I think this is good infantry map, but there is so many heavy assets.
There is so many AA on this map, i think Russian CAS died in first fly.
Also AA gun on H6kp6 is in sandbag wall. Two T-62 destroy T-90 whitout any problems. My suggestion is to delay one T-62 longer, effectivly forsing already spawned tank to play more defensive and giving russian T-90 more free time. APC balance is ok. AT guns can rape Russian light vehicles leading to weak deployment, but this issue will probably be fixed over time whit better map knowleg. I did not had FPS problems, but some player said they have problems whit FPS.
Last edited by Max_; 2020-05-18 at 01:21..
Old 2020-05-01, 06:51   #2
qs-racer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Kafr Halab

Very nice map for infantry, ambiance is good, layout also offer great move and cover for combat and protection from asset.

For asset balance, just give time to adapt for player. As example 2 t62 vs 1 t90 should be fine. Russian can make a tow emplacement that will be very superior to the poorly defended t62 with no thermal.
Shilka and bmp are noisy apc for the syrian rebel, so easy to anticipate and spot for the infantry.

On this map yesterday on Hoot, lot of CTD happen on this map, it was on the west side of the map, not all at the same time but within a couple of minute. Around was shilka vehicule. I lost 3 people from my squad around me, but my own game din't crash.
edit : another ctd , i was gunner of zsu truck, and i ctd instantly while shooting a burst on some ennmy smoke. They were also hitting us. I was on the NW side of the map. I gun it for 10 minutes before without crash, but 20 other people crash just after we start using the AA vehicule (shilka and zsu truck)

Last edited by qs-racer; 2020-05-01 at 19:11..
Old 2020-05-01, 10:21   #3
Smol Shrum

Played this map in AAS on both STD and ALT layers, then explored it a bit in the local lobby.

The map is gorgeous. Design wise, looking at incredible authenticity of the map, great balance between INF and asset gameplay, intense gameplay, great props and map models, it is clearly the best map of the patch, and one of the better ones in PR.

Though AAS STD is heavily Rebel-favored. I would like it to be balanced more like other AAS Conventional forces vs Militia maps (like Ramiel, Fools Road, Sahel), where Militia is at clear disadvantage, but compensated with more tickets and flag/map control from the beginning.
Smol Shrum is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-01, 10:57   #4
CptHrki

Can't talk about the balance yet as I haven't played enough, but it's definitely the best looking and most realistic map we've had in the game thus far.
CptHrki is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-01, 11:32   #5
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
Originally Posted by qs-racer View Post
For asset balance, just give time to adapt for player.
I do not need to give players time. We already had 2 T-62 against T-72 on Sbeneh and only way for T-72 to win was for T-62 crews to make hard mistakes (like split pushing or not coordinate attack). In general 2v1 tank balance whitout any IVFs or ATVs whit good ATGM proved to be impossible to balance.

Quote:
As example 2 t62 vs 1 t90 should be fine.
It will not. FSA has 2 solid tanks, BMP-1 whit ATGM which still counters BTR-80A, Shilka that can kill tank whit flank and eats BTR-80A for breakfast and can deploy ATGMs whit crates. Not two add bunch of AT guns that directly counter any Russian light vehicles nad BTR-80A. Good organised FSA team will lock first flag in less then 10 minutes whit all assets they have and Russian team will not be able to do anything about it. Only reason this map is remotely balance right now is kick bug that prevents FSA side to organise defense as they are spending half time giving squadlead to next person in line.

Quote:
Russian can make a tow emplacement that will be very superior to the poorly defended t62 with no thermal.
FSA also has ATGM and smoking ATGMs whit smoke is old meta, not very effective anymore. Even if Russians get ATGMs up, T-90 will still need to play passive and that is what FSA needs to defend flags.

Quote:
Shilka and bmp are noisy apc for the syrian rebel, so easy to anticipate and spot for the infantry.
Both hard counter BTR-80A and can take hand in helping 2 T-62 in destroying T-90. Potentially, T-90 will need to fight in same time 4 vehicles alone or with very little support.

I do not have problems whit so many assets for FSA. What I am suggesting is to space those assets threw game so Russian side has more free time to establish themselves on map and try to attack. That way, FSA will have all cards for success of defense in there hands. If they can protract Russian attack and keep there FOBs, AA/AT guns, ATGMs and vehicles alive for longer time, they will as reward get more assets for defense and probably victory. On other hand, Russians will get more space for attack, they lack right now.

My idea is to delay one T-62 and BMP-1 for 10 minutes, while second T-62 and Shilka will be delayed for 20 minutes. I would also add one SPG techie whit 10 minute respawn time (also delayed).
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-01, 13:08   #6
axytho
Supporting Member

I'd like to thank the devs for this amazing map. I really love both the way it looks and the way it plays. A Bluefor vs. Opfor map with pure urban combat for 2 km and a lot of assets while still being fun for infantry is basically the best we could ever have wished for. I love it. And thanks for putting in so many stationary weapons. It means that infantry squads become more flexible and that certain areas are worth fighting for. They also require a fair amount of teamwork, as it is easy for enemy infantry to sneak up on, so you need someone to watch your back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfantryGamer42 View Post
Not two add bunch of AT guns that directly counter any Russian light vehicles nad BTR-80A.
The locations of those AT guns are going to be obvious too all asset-players soon enough, and then they'll just start pre-firing those as soon as they turn a corner. I would wait with balancing until we've played a month.
axytho is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-02, 00:49   #7
Bastiannn

Map is great, but I guess that comes at the expense of performance. Could really use some optimization.
LRG layout (which isn't used) without precapped flags could also be nice, with MEC maybe.
Last edited by Bastiannn; 2020-05-02 at 00:54..
Old 2020-05-02, 02:32   #8
=MeRk= Morbo5131

On first impression, it's a really well-designed map visually, and I think it'll be great for infantry combat. But on first impression, that infantry combat isn't really allowed to play out - if Russia get the upper hand in the asset fight, they can dick on enemy infantry with impunity, garrisoned or otherwise.
This was the AAS version of the map, and the teams were pretty stacked, so this isn't my definitive opinion, but in general I'd like to see a version much lighter on assets for both sides. Making the AAS routes less linear might also give the infantry players more room to breathe on both sides.
=MeRk= Morbo5131 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-02, 07:00   #9
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by =MeRk= Morbo5131 View Post
I'd like to see a version much lighter on assets for both sides.
There is an Inf layer.

https://www.realitymod.com/mapgaller...beta/gpm_cq/16

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-02, 08:54   #10
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
Originally Posted by axytho View Post
The locations of those AT guns are going to be obvious too all asset-players soon enough, and then they'll just start pre-firing those as soon as they turn a corner. I would wait with balancing until we've played a month.
They still denial space for Russian team and force Russians to either waist time attacking and destroying AT guns or go in long flanks, which my squad was force to do building two FOBs so fare from flags that no enemy player even walked in area to check, but still being effective for flanking.

In that yesterday game, I played again this map whit really unbalanced teams, in favor of Russians, that lead to Russians still having good fight to take first two flags and then have easy walk over last two flags. It seams that FSA has no way to come back after losing everything.

I also, for first time saw effective CAS crew that did not die in first two minutes. They had solid game at end, but still got shotdown.

In my opinion it would be better to introduce ZSU-23-2 deployable emplacement that FSA can deploy whit 1 crate (like ATGM) instead of having so many AA guns all around map.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote