project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
24 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2022-02-21, 15:32   #1
Smol Shrum
Default Kafr Halab AAS Alt layout is a letdown.

Kafr Halab AAS Alt (MEC irons vs RU irons, gpm_cq 32) - is a letdown layout for otherwise superb map.

1. No spawn delay on heavy assets, especially tanks - games tend to be decided in the first minutes by TANK/APC actions. Often rounds stall with one team's asset squad dominating another team's one, from the very beginning.
Tanks spawn needs to be delayed 10-15 minutes.

2. Scorpion fv in Aleppo? Why?
Layout would be better with Mec's Scorpion and one of Ru's Btr-82's removed.

3. With 1 and 2 change, ticket count would need to be reduced to 600-650.

4. Ironsight G3 is infuriatingly weak.
G3's could use to have its damage increased (at least close to) M14's level.

If its not something in plans, then at least replacing factions with scoped kits would suit the layout better.
Smol Shrum is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-21, 17:30   #2
[R-DEV]​Rusty_42
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: Kafr Halab AAS Alt layout is a letdown.

Quote:
1. No spawn delay on heavy assets, especially tanks - games tend to be decided in the first minutes by TANK/APC actions. Often rounds stall with one team's asset squad dominating another team's one, from the very beginning.
Tanks spawn needs to be delayed 10-15 minutes.

2. Scorpion fv in Aleppo? Why?
Layout would be better with Mec's Scorpion and one of Ru's Btr-82's removed.
You have to think about teamwork from very beginning if you can't counter heavy assets on your own.

Tanks may be replaced with BMPs, scorpion with AML 90.

Quote:
4. Ironsight G3 is infuriatingly weak.
G3's could use to have its damage increased (at least close to) M14's level.
Exact same values according to game files.
Quote:
replacing factions with scoped kits
Over my dead body.

you can turn off signatures in options
Rusty_42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-22, 06:32   #3
Smol Shrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty_42 View Post

Exact same values according to game files.

By M14 I've meant vietnam version, which uses 762_51_dmr projectile template.

... wihich is actually an overkill, I think it would be better if both G3 and M14vn got template which was used by M1 garand previously (not quite killing with the unarmored torso hit, but putting into "black and white" state)
Last edited by Smol Shrum; 2022-02-22 at 06:47..
Old 2022-02-22, 06:42   #4
Smol Shrum

Quote:
You have to think about teamwork from very beginning if you can't counter heavy assets on your own.
Sure, infantry can deal with assets with smart deployables placement and a bit of luck, but thats not a balanced situation.

Often one team's asset squad clearly dominates from minute one (i.e. kills trans at the start of the game, kills opposing tank, kills apc's, rapes inf).

Fact that just one asset SQ could turn "balanced" game into 90-10% game at the very beginning of the round is not good. Hence the suggetstion to delay heavy assets.

Quote:
Tanks may be replaced with BMPs, scorpion with AML 90.
Thats great, also partially solving the problem with tanks dominating at the start.

Cant wait for *forever* until new content is live in-game!
Last edited by Smol Shrum; 2022-02-22 at 14:44..
Old 2022-02-22, 17:54   #5
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smol Shrum View Post
By M14 I've meant vietnam version, which uses 762_51_dmr projectile template.
No it doesn't.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-23, 15:02   #6
agus92
Supporting Member

I'm speculating, but you probably think that the M14 does more damage while actually the difference is on modern factions using body armour.

agus92 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-23, 23:24   #7
UncleSmek

The layer is completely broken to be fair.
I can understand if it was meant to be played in a certain way however most players are pretty dumb and do not realise what is intended with assets and precapped flags.

If you place a despawnable rally point with about 20 spawns that despawns a la grozny for militia you'd see the vision of the map creator becoming more of a reality. These rally points could be on respective flag.

Then finally you should have a white flag in the middle which can be contested.
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-24, 12:20   #8
Grump/Gump.45
Exclamation Re: Kafr Halab AAS Alt layout is a letdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleSmek View Post
The layer is completely broken to be fair.
I can understand if it was meant to be played in a certain way however most players are pretty dumb and do not realise what is intended with assets and precapped flags.
How Map Developers Want Us To Play

I am big on this factor. I see all the possibilities the map developers want, but people take assets to go lone wolf acting like they are smart or don't need teamwork, their team. They have this behavior they are better than other people on their team, they think this for no reason. Nothing to back it up. Typical of bullies to think they are the big cheese for no reason, simply existing is enough for them.

I understand when they give BMP cannons with that rocket on top to MEC/Militia forces fighting tanks and the general idea of tactics required. Just a general vague thing to get across the gist of how I think for 1000 things.

Like on Brecourt Assault where USA starts in the town with a Sherman, there is a logi repair station there to get down a super FOB in the town with repairs for tank. Tank is supposed to stay alive in the town the whole time till the other 2 tanks show up. COAX all the roads leading into town. Its why 1 tank spawns on town without a respawn, you can have up to 3 tanks, 2 Shermans and a M10. I have done it before.

Full Potential of Human Tactics/Mind

Then how to use it is just common sense, the developers didn't give Shermans 4000 COAX rounds for "Call of Duty" accurate fire. They didn't give M1 Abrams 10,000 or 12,000 for accurate fire. Its for area denial while looking around and accurate fire as it comes along when not engaged with tanks, unless you got stationary TOW or from Bradley up to bait.

Tank Crew You Don't Want Story

But just the other day on this Brecourt layout, ExoticTurtle, Hunterkill69 and Amberry (the worst Call of Duty minded gunner long time PR player you could ever have, 99% of ammo un-used most players). They got the tank claim before me. ExoticTurtle is the best out of that group and shouldn't be influenced by un-intelligent, falsely dominant "give me the gunner seat" players on what to do. This wouldn't have happened if we stayed inside the town to defend. There is no reason they should be gunning from what I see. Of course they weren't smarter than me.

Long story short I can prevent glitchy flips, this is exactly why I wanted to drive, I was agreed to be driver, but Turtle got in driver seat before me. That is the only reason he stayed driver when I said "we agreed I be the driver", see what happens when you do things "Just because"? There was no other reason for turtle be be driver other than he got in first. Then Amberry/Hunterkill69 said "It was OK". It was not OK, the tank got flipped in first 60 seconds of round.

This is exactly why I wanted to drive, some people hate WW2 and they should be kept track of. Incase they are trolling on purpose because they don't want to defend the town for the whole round. "TANK WASTE".."CAS WASTE" with exact intentions to not use teamwork going off to do their own thing. Like a lone wolfing Call of duty player but in a tank not on foot, to do things that lose tank fast. They shouldn't be playing PR at all and shouldn't be contenders for claiming tanks from people who actually want to play.

THE TANK CREW YOU DONT WANT (Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0CWTxg7MaI

Full Incident Story

Long story short I was agreed to be driver if not the gunner and that didn't happen when I pointed out "give me driver seat like we discussed". ExoticTurtle got driver, in the words of the 2 other idiots "Its ok." They flipped the tank on a low wall north side of town in under 60 seconds from time they got in tank. They didn't listen to me about how to use tank way map developer intended, didn't listen to how glitchy terrain/obstacles are, how to drive and to let me drive if I am not gunning.

They even asked me "Grump what should we do?" once in the tank.. I said "tank should stay in the village doing area denial sweeping the coax down all streets into bushes that can be reached" plus other tactics I didn't mention cause they say "Ok" to get me to stop talking when I was going to list another thing. In words which would take a few more seconds to list off methods, like putting HE shells to kill enemy in cover out of angle behind building with a panzerfaust who is hoping we drive in view of him to peek so he can kill us. ITS NOT CALL OF DUTY, YOU DON'T NEED TO SEE ENEMY.

If I wasn't to be gunner I was to be driver, this was agreed on. But Turtle gets the driver seat before me, whoever the SL was before Turtle said "Its ok" when I said "I'm supposed to be driver." Because I know every possible thing that can glitch FLIP A TANK like low walls, carts, certain bushes, certain small berms and other obstacles.

I know how to prevent and stop tank glitch flips if it starts, its callled NOT GOING FULL SPEED INTO EVERYTHING AND NOT ONLY DRIVING BY HOLDING DOWN FORWARD THE W BUTTON.

I study things to apply to game from IRL and in game I see observations what bad things can happen they call these tactics I describe stupid not realizing its from real life. I try to explain it to them and they ignore it or troll by talking over me saying words on repeat trying to get me to stutter my words by having theirs interject my thinking. The single thoughts I have in a few seconds that are smarter than they ever will be their entire lives (No smart phone mind control=I think for myself).

Literally, people think the only way to drive with ANYTHING is holding down W. You can have complete speed control just by tapping. When obstacles or infantry on the ground is nearby, go slower.

Sound Awareness Issue- Example-Child like mind Doesn't Know Sound Travels, thinks they are sneaky getting cookie. Reality: Parent hears plastic wrapper crinkle from other room

Engine is on, tank is moving and people don't use the COAX on bushes enemy could be hiding in with anti-tank because they think the enemy will know their position just from that, they already hear you 700+ meters out in the direction your engine comes from. They think the whole enemy team is required to hear the tank to know their location or they are coming, it takes one enemy to hear and report. Not every enemy reports what they see.

Troll Issue

Quick side note, some dumb players troll this way. They speak English, they get the combat engineer kit and place mines where they know our tank needs to drive to defend. They know you can't intentionally Teamkill them to stop them in middle of placing mine. You proceed to say as they place the mine "place the mine further out on the road, we need to drive there" or simply asking "dont put a mine there" they don't move.

They completely ignore you knowing full well beforehand that is the case, you need to drive there. IT SHOULD BE LEGAL TO TK THEM BY SHOOTING THEM. They are clearly trolls when they speak english and are long time players, to prevent future trolling and mine placement in dumb spots intentionally/un-intentionally.
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2022-02-24 at 12:40..
Old 2022-02-24, 15:28   #9
UncleSmek

Grump I know but you are hijacking the thread with your long disserations.
Can you please state your point with as few words as possible? Economize with words grump.. makes your point easier to get across.
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-02, 01:11   #10
WingWalker

He literally can't.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote