project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
24 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2022-04-10, 14:37   #1
UncleSmek
Default Shija is a boring map

Hey

Please modernize Shija with better vegetation, better hlls etc.
The map is currently on life support due to the low view distance but if you would change some lighting you'd see how ugly and boring it is.
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-10, 16:06   #2
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Default Re: Shija is a boring map

I actually like fighting on the map when you actually do get those rounds where teams can fight on the same side. I really like the design of each town, sections of the map is different...I could go on. The problem for me is the big 'ol river in the middle. It usually makes for a boring rounds where each team is stuck at each side of the river trading TOW shots and mortars.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-11, 11:10   #3
UncleSmek

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
I actually like fighting on the map when you actually do get those rounds where teams can fight on the same side. I really like the design of each town, sections of the map is different...I could go on. The problem for me is the big 'ol river in the middle. It usually makes for a boring rounds where each team is stuck at each side of the river trading TOW shots and mortars.
I dont disagree with you but i dont really think its about the river area in the middle which is kinda landmark for shija and should remain as it is, maybe increase swamp vegetation can be good?

However, in all other areas of the map especially hills around uranium and A column etc I can go on forever, this applies to 90% of the map.

It needs to be revised cause its still an awesome map. However it is kinda boring.
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-12, 22:09   #4
PBAsydney
Supporting Member

As an asset player shijia is one of my absolute favorite maps, the limited vd plays a factor in how well it plays, can't see fully across the river for example. Lots of opportunities for flanking and bold moves and fun asset balance .

HITREG CARRY
PBAsydney is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-12, 22:33   #5
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBAsydney View Post
As an asset player shijia is one of my absolute favorite maps, the limited vd plays a factor in how well it plays, can't see fully across the river for example. Lots of opportunities for flanking and bold moves and fun asset balance .
View distance is key play factor on all maps. It shows how Devs want you to play when it comes to letting enemy come into view of you or using the view distance to move around them even though they hear you.

Depending on armor self preservation will of players, these sounds will either make them fall back while enemy armor sounds are on and they can't hear you or they sit there to die. Once they pass through your old position you can get them if you watch it from the view distance or less than that through camouflage.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote