project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2012-12-09, 03:37   #1
Chris1050
Default PR Clans The Real Question

PR Clans are the leaders of this games progress, developers play a small role at the moment given that the game is as close to as advanced as this engine will allow it to be. I have much respect for the Developers for everything they have done up until this point, and I have alot of contempt for the Clans running the show now a days.

I am not banned but rather refuse to play the game because of the misdeeds and abuse of authority these Clans continually smother their community with. Players new to PR are usually scolded by admins with punishments not befitting their first time experience to a new game and rarely return.

Secondly players who play long enough usually stumble upon some form of Admin prejudice for decisions they made at one point in time that may not necessarily have been against rules but simply caused some form of bad relations because it personally effected and Admin or his comrades.

This happens to often, and there are not enough options for players who are in these situations to continue playing your mod. Also in reference to alot of players who do take the appropriate actions and post ban appeals on the website of the clans they encountered problems with, they are not treated fairly or justly but rather verbally assaulted and then ignored.

I personally had problems with hardcore long ago, 2 months later they were caught with a form of extortion and had their server license revoked temporarily. Now as far as I am aware CIA is upto bullying the community as I can read in alot of ban appeals and although legally I don't see them breaking any rules I am sure alot of people will complain their right to play your mod has been effected without them contributing much more then a few in game mistakes or misunderstandings.

What I am trying to say here is these dictatorships have no outside resources to police them, and its effecting your population growth. Nobody wants to invest time in a game they feel is miss treating them.

I am from North America so the only servers I play on are American, I had no intentions to spotlight CIA or H specifically but rather all my personal experiences as an Admin and the experiences of people I know are on these servers.

PS thank you for taking the time to read this, if I never play the game again I am sure no one will care but I thought I would try and highlight an actual problem.
Chris1050 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 03:50   #2
Conman51

Default Re: PR Clans The Real Question

I kind of know what you mean.

A few days ago the Project Synergy US server was up and as far as i could tell they were pretty unbiased and had no predominant clan in charge. They have only been up once since their event, but we'll see where that goes.

I think some server admins are starting to confuse "popularity" with "no other servers up but this one"
Conman51 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 04:57   #3
40mmrain
Supporting Member

Thankfully hardcore is dead as hell, and hopefully it will stay like that forever
40mmrain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 05:38   #4
Mully

CIA had some bad apples that they've recently taken care of. The server has been doing much better since then.

Beyond that, I've never experienced any type of admin action that has not fit the crime. If you got banned for something there's probably a good reason for it.
Mully is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 05:57   #5
Chris1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40mmrain View Post
Thankfully hardcore is dead as hell, and hopefully it will stay like that forever
I recognize your name 40mm and have played some good games with you. I can tell your a quality player and even you hold resentment in a clan in the form I am speak of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mully View Post
CIA had some bad apples that they've recently taken care of. The server has been doing much better since then.

Beyond that, I've never experienced any type of admin action that has not fit the crime. If you got banned for something there's probably a good reason for it.
No, not banned just refuse to play the mod cause I dont want to be bullied by Admins. Call me names insult me and try and troll me, as unprofessional as that is it is the internet but abuse authority and I'm out.
Chris1050 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 07:02   #6
ShockUnitBlack

I have never experienced any form of admin or clan abuse playing PR. Ever. Full stop.
ShockUnitBlack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 07:37   #7
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

I play in Europe, so NWA NEW MERK and PRTA, my only real critisism of clans is that they have their own little locked squads never letting any new or older players fight with them.

BUt abuse no never seen that.
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 09:12   #8
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLODDITHANLEY View Post
I play in Europe, so NWA NEW MERK and PRTA, my only real critisism of clans is that they have their own little locked squads never letting any new or older players fight with them.
This. I hate LOCKED clan squads, it doesn't give new players/random guys the occasion to experience more teamwork.

I got to say that there is problems with biased admins, that are friend with X guy and won't ban him even if he's reported several times for breaking the rules and being an asshat, etc.

People saying that you haven't seen admin abuse, you didn't play long enough
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 09:34   #9
DDS
Supporting Member

Not the place to be complaining of certain clans. Best take it to their forums where it will go into a big black hole.

I hear rumblings of non-clan/game "community" operated servers in the wings. Operated by adults. Imagine that!

One can only hope its sooner than later.

Tactical Gamer was an Excellent Server. Yeah that's right, I said that, go a head and BAN ME from your server now!
DDS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 09:50   #10
ExeTick
Supporting Member

Im usually trying to play in squads with random people or try to get other people "PUBBERS" into the squad Im in. Sure I like to play with people I know how to play PR I think everyone does that.

and if someone comes in without mumble I tell them you should get PR mumble 1.0, you wont get kicked out of almost every squad and you will have ALLOT more fun while playing when you can communicate with your squad members.

the biggest problem I see on EU servers is stacked teams. sometimes it can be 20-25 clan members (different clans) on one side. even if they are from different clans it can be a hard time switching them because we need other people from the other side to go over.

ExeTick is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
clans, question, real