project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion > PR:WWII Suggestions
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:WWII Suggestions Suggestions from our community members.

Old 2013-08-09, 23:06   #1
xambone

Default Real D-Day experience

I have studied this part of history and while I do enjoy Operation Overlord I feel like the map is only half way done. I think that you should allow paratroopers during the first 10-30 mins, and allow the city in the Northwest to become a capture point along with the first flags on the beach. This would simulate how the germans were confused and divided. This would also allow for the use of the AA guns. This would free up landing for the boats as the Germans would be divided.

It basically creates a more realistic situation.
xambone is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 02:52   #2
Rabbit
Default Re: Real D-Day experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by xambone View Post
I have studied this part of history and while I do enjoy Operation Overlord I feel like the map is only half way done. I think that you should allow paratroopers during the first 10-30 mins, and allow the city in the Northwest to become a capture point along with the first flags on the beach. This would simulate how the germans were confused and divided. This would also allow for the use of the AA guns. This would free up landing for the boats as the Germans would be divided.

It basically creates a more realistic situation.
You have problems with that.

In AAS everything has to be captured in a certain order. So they would have to link up at some point, which would probably be while the Americans are on the beach. So you would have people attacking from in front and behind, which leads to the second problem.

If the paratroopers will link up at the bunkers, why the hell spawn on the beach to get mowed down? Everyone would be spawning as paratroopers as its less suicidal.

With less people assaulting the beach, less targets, easier to repel the beach.

Paratroopers assaulted farther inland, to prevent counter attack and resupply/ reinforcement, they never went after the fortifications overlooking the beach.

We currently have several things yet to be seen that will greatly improve the overall historical accuracy of d-day and help the US get off the beach.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 16:21   #3
Adetter

Default Re: Real D-Day experience

There's actually an own map focusing on the paradrop the night before the Normandy landings.
Can't wait to see a map of the battle of Carentan and a better version of the German counter-attack (Bloody Gulch/Hill 30). Plenty of great map ideas to choose from for the map creators such as Chambois, St. L? etc.
Adetter is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
dday, experience, real