project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2015-11-23, 10:19   #1
obpmgmua
Default Real Life Gary

Islamic State Suicide Bombers Unleashing 'Franken-truck' on Kurds: 'Something Out of a Movie' - Breitbart

Gee I wonder where they got that idea from?
obpmgmua is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-23, 10:24   #2
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Real Life Gary

Insurgents have been using trucks packed with explosives for years. I know of quite a few examples from the 2003 Iraq War and I'm sure if you dig around you could probably find more before that even.

Only thing really new there is that they are welding on armour plating around the cabin etc to protect the driver so he can't get shot out before detonating his load.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-23, 11:13   #3
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Only thing really new there is that they are welding on armour plating around the cabin etc to protect the driver so he can't get shot out before detonating his load.
Could be here an improvement for current PR trucks?

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-23, 12:00   #4
Jacksonez__

I've seen video of armored-HMMWV (or similar heavily armored car) used as bomb car. I think there is a very good reason why they don't use not-armored civilian cars (I mean the clown car bomb car) for these missions. That car on the gif was under heavy automatic gun fire but it was pretty much bullet-proofed.

How about update insurgent bomb cars?

Jacksonez__ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-23, 14:59   #5
MaxTheSilva96

ISIS is using captured Iraqi M-113 packed with explosives for suicide missions. So they are going beyond just putting armor in cars/trucks, they are using APCs now!

MaxTheSilva96 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-23, 16:52   #6
KillJoy[Fr]

Lmao, the guy shooting ATGM at 00:45 was like "Guys i got this" then he miss and everybody run away pr style.
KillJoy[Fr] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-24, 13:18   #7
Airsoft
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonez__ View Post
I've seen video of armored-HMMWV (or similar heavily armored car) used as bomb car. I think there is a very good reason why they don't use not-armored civilian cars (I mean the clown car bomb car) for these missions. That car on the gif was under heavy automatic gun fire but it was pretty much bullet-proofed.

How about update insurgent bomb cars?

Back when the US was in Iraq, vbieds would be just like pr's clown car, just a normal looking civilian car that blends in with other cars. At the time most of them were doing just that: driving with civilian traffic and blending in. It would look out of place to have an armored monstrosity approaching with a bunch of civilian cars. Although in PR, there is no concern for civilian car traffic since all vehicles are hostile

Present day the tactics have changed. They're now rushing entrenched positions and appear to be the only car to do so, so blending in is no concern. Now it takes anti-tank weapons to stop them.

Airsoft is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-24, 14:18   #8
TheAndrew1987

PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE give us remote detonated bomb cars!
it would make every civi car potentially harmful ,and the only way to find out if its a bomb car or just a civi car is to send a lucky guy to go check out the rear bench to see if theres explosives ,but thats when the insurgent will detonate the car it's really a great mechanic and idk why it's not been added ,imo most of the groundwork is already in why not just wield these two (remotely detonated explosives and bomb cars) into one deadly trap. this would really give purpose to all the faux bomb cars and trucks besides laying around and providing transport to the one wandering insurgent that happens to be close to it. this will also play in very nicely with the new ROE system where blowing up any car you see might give you a penalty therefore forcing the coalition troops to check the car before blowing it up
TheAndrew1987 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-24, 20:00   #9
StevePl4y5

^

I doubt that's even possible to be honest. Just place down a remote detonated IED on the ground and drive a car on top of it. Bam... remote detonated car bomb xP
StevePl4y5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-25, 23:30   #10
viirusiiseli
Banned

What really needs changing is a small car with 1 C4 pack in the back blowing up a freaking tank
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
gary, life, real