project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > African Resistance Fighters
07 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
African Resistance Fighters Discussion pertaining to the African Resistance Fighters (ARF) faction.

Old 2013-01-25, 21:35   #1
waldov

Exclamation WHY PR NEEDS AFRICA TO SURVIVE!!

It has recently come to my attention that excluding core additions that are already in progress for 1.0 the introduction of the African front-line is almost essential for Project reality's survival. We are talking about one of the most overlooked modern conflicts with so much new things to offer actually being implemented fully in a game for the first time in history!! PR aint winning any popularity contests when it comes to Graphics or Wicked effects but putting in another totally unique area of conflict has got to be doing something right. We have already got the harsh mountains and valleys of Afghanistan, The unrelenting streets of Iraq and Gaza, The mighty forests of mother Russia, Chechnya and eastern Europe and The scorching deserts of the Middle east and with the addition of Africa were adding one more to the list.

Much of Project Reality's appeal comes from its unique factions and combat environments adding the Dutch or the French is cool but adding Africa doesn't just give us a few new toys to slaughter helpless insurgents with but a new way of fighting in PR. Fighting in the shanty towns of the Congo or across the jungle rivers of Sierra Leon has much more to offer then new guns. And in the light of recent events the French could easily be given an option to take on the African resistance fighters in many of the maps. So i hope we can see this faction/s in 1.0 or maybe just after it this well help spice up the variety of maps on those relentless PR nights. Great work all of those Dev's working on these factions Kudos.

If this faction doesn't happen this guy will come after us.
Old 2013-01-25, 22:04   #2
Jafar Ironclad
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: WHY PR NEEDS AFRICA TO SURVIVE!!

; - )

; - P

Old 2013-01-25, 22:19   #3
Amok@ndy
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

while i really agree to your points i have to say that this wont happen in the next release, we are missing a lot of things, vehicle models and ofc african maps and statics which is the more important part as this cant be done that easy

Old 2013-01-26, 03:43   #4
AFsoccer
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I think the ARF has great potential in PR. We'll see if we can get some Africa maps created that experiment with new game ideas.

In the meantime, if you've ever wanted to contribute your time to PR, this might be a perfect place. The ARF could use new vehicles, statics, etc.

Old 2013-01-26, 04:50   #5
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

I think creating the ARF is going to be more difficult than people think.

african civil war fashions

As you can see, African rebels dress extremely well dressed (if dressed at all) and are highly individualised in their style. Thats going to be allot of time texturing the orange Hawaiian shirt (with red fish pattern), aswell as the turquoise tanktop with farther christmas hat.

....mongol...

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Old 2013-01-26, 07:07   #6
simeon5541

I agree with the OP.
OK ARF kits are hard to make and there is a lack of maps.
But what is happening with other African faction,conventional army,African Union ?
Reading DP it seems that is already finished for some time but is lacking maps ?
Old 2013-01-26, 09:21   #7
Amok@ndy
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

yeah as i said the African stuff is somehow ready but missing small fixes and reskins but the biggest thing that is missing are African Maps and Statics

Old 2013-01-26, 09:57   #8
Spush
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I wouldn't say that the African front lines is essential to PR's survival..

Old 2013-01-26, 10:26   #9
IINoddyII
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeon5541 View Post
I agree with the OP.
OK ARF kits are hard to make and there is a lack of maps.
But what is happening with other African faction,conventional army,African Union ?
Reading DP it seems that is already finished for some time but is lacking maps ?
. the Aussie faction suffered the same fate ? everything was done except a map - when that came along the opportunity was lost as the mod had moved on and there was nobody around to make the necessary changes... meh we'll play as sheep shaggers and be happy as most of their equipment is what we used 20 years ago :P

much love to the NZDF

... and in direct response to the o/p.. I don't agree that the ARF is necessary to the survival of the Mod... If anything we need to be looking at getting the growth areas of China and South America involved - that's our opportunity to increase the playerbase significantly.
Old 2013-01-26, 12:01   #10
Sizum85

Do we get general butt-naked player model?

Tags
1.0, africa, faction, french, survive