project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.7 Feedback Forum
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2008-02-13, 04:11   #1
DeltaFart

Default SKS

OK I was on the BSS Tester group for a while in the beginning to middle part of last year, and I must say, none of the mods came out as being close to bad, other than EoD. I found so many shortcuts that they took taht would have been easy to actually do from scratch its' not funny.
This being said.
Are you going to fix the cruddy SKS? It has a select fire animation in it, the front sight doesnt actually have a post, they use the default AK sights(whihc are crud) the bullets are wayyyyy too small width wise, they look like .22lr's, and overall not all that good.
Any chance we'll see an updated SKS?

PS sorry to anyone who is a fan boy of EoD, but I found it lost quality in it's change from BF1942->BF2
Old 2008-02-13, 04:54   #2
Expendable Grunt

The SKS looks fine enough. The reloading animation is pretty bad ass.

As for the select fire thing, that's been there since .6 beta when they introduced the weapon; said it was fixed early on but it never was.
Old 2008-02-13, 18:12   #3
DeltaFart

Yeah, because the same thing occurs in EoD! And the reload ANIMATION is fine, but look at the rounds going in, they are tiny. There are so many things EoD could have done to make it better-_-
Old 2008-02-13, 18:24   #4
Ironcomatose

I agree. The SKS is pretty crappy. The skin looks like an airsoft gun
Old 2008-02-13, 23:55   #5
DeltaFart

Who should I talk to about a possible model change for the SKS?
I figure, since I was part of BSS, I should talk about internal beta stuff with one of the PR devs
Old 2008-02-14, 00:17   #6
Dylan

You could model one yourself if you really feel the need that it has to be fixed. Shouldnt be too hard. Non vital gameplay changes like this will most likely not be any problem for the devs so it wont be done. It could look better, yes. I kind of want to model one myself because I too think it lacks "PR quality". However, I am too busy to make a task of this nature because I have better things to worry about. Not making MY weapons look bad.
Old 2008-02-14, 00:24   #7
DeltaFart

Nah nah, it's already in another mod that is part of BSS(which PR is a part of) I just need to talk to a bunch of guys, namely from the IDF and PR mods
Anyway I've tried modeling, and I'm an epic fail at it
Old 2008-02-14, 00:33   #8
SGT.JOKER

off topic but...
Im getting the feeling that your knocking EOD a bit to much...

on topic...
If you dont like the stuff the SKS has why dont you do it yourself?

Not trying to sound like an ass, just my 2 cents
Old 2008-02-14, 00:37   #9
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I would be ok with a simple reskin. Its too comically orange. yes, Comically Orange is a color... what? it is!
Old 2008-02-14, 01:04   #10
Dylan

Yeah, a reskin wouldnt be too difficult. It is a bit orangy. It could use some specular and normal maps too.

Tags
sks, sks changes