project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
30 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2022-01-01, 18:31   #1
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Fields of Kassel feedback and bugs.

Please post feedback here.

Ason is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-02, 16:25   #2
PeppeJ
Default Re: Fields of Kassel feedback and bugs.

LRG Version:

Since all US trans is in main it's problematic to navigate if you airdrop on the northern flags. Losing your rear flags means the best course of action would be to just suicide the entire squad and airdrop again, since walking back will take way too long. My squad ended up doing this 2 or 3 times in one game. This is especially reinforced by the fact that airdrop is available for what looks like the entire game? The only other alternative is to sit on the now non-cappable enemy flag and just hope that your team manages to retake the one you just lost, being up to 8 men short.

As an example the distance between K4kp8 flag to I9kp1 is about 1.7km (this is what my squad had in play yesterday). Do note that there are flags that are even further away. I think having LRG flag layout be more similar to ALT in the sense that there are more flags with short distances between them would result in a more enjoyable experience.
Last edited by PeppeJ; 2022-01-02 at 16:37..
Old 2022-01-02, 16:51   #3
VTRaptor

Spawn time on assets need to be decreased, because 20 minutes + 4km of travel with these clumsy tanks is too much. Deployable AT emplacements would be welcome too. I'd also remove/replace M10 tank destroyers, as americans already have huge advantage with their bazooka.

Also, this map is huge. What about adding transport aircraft? They could drop supplies and maybe even land to pickup and deploy troops, as there's alot of open fields.
VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-02, 17:33   #4
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTRaptor View Post
Spawn time on assets need to be decreased, because 20 minutes + 4km of travel with these clumsy tanks is too much.
15 minutes should be more then enough for medium tanks (10 for lights if we ever get Stuarts). Only heavy tanks should have 20 minute spawn time.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-02, 18:04   #5
Coalz101

Bug: Stuka can't rearm MG 17.

Feedback: 20 mins respawn is alot for any ww2 asset, I suggest bringing it down to 10-15 mins especially on a 4km map like that.
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-02, 18:34   #6
dcm

I've only played kassel a few times and I'm already sick of it. It's just too large. There are too many assets that are easily wasted and/or underutilized. It's always a bad sign when a map has more assets than a single squad can handle. 4+ tanks, 4+ Apcs, Etc. It's almost impossible to coordinate mech inf. The map is too large and too spread out for infantry play. Vehicle warfare which I thought would be fun, isn't. The flag layout makes no sense. One minute you gotta defend manor on the right side of the map, then you gotta cap village on the left side of the map. Too much back and forth. No way to build momentum or defend flags properly.
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-02, 21:01   #7
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

We are going to re-evaluate ww2 vehicle speeds in a future patch. Further we are working on a fix to finally solve all the easy to flip tanks. This is no trivial work, so it probably wont be in short term update and more likely 1.7.1 or later

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-03, 12:22   #8
[R-DEV]​Ason
Supporting Member

Thanks for the feedback! I will try to make some bigger changes in the future especially related to long distances for infantry, will see if i can reduce distances between flags so moving on foot won't be such a pain.

For the next patch these are the changes I made:

AAS64: Too easy for germans to defend the town at start, rounds should be ~20min shorter, too many assets - not enough infantry.

-reduce tickets for both teams by 100.
-make US rally a permanent spawnpoint.(the one east of the town)
-Remove panzer III from town.
-Reduce both teams respawnable tanks from 4 to 2.(reduce respawn time to 15 from 20)
-Reduce both teams aav's from 2 to 1.

AAS128: Fix route to only have 2 active flags at start, after those it should be 1 active.

-removed depot flag, artillery flag last flag.
-2 active flags at start only.

AAS32: No feedback or info on this layer but i guess too many assets and tickets.

-reduce tickets for both teams by 100.
-reduce tanks from 4 to 2(reduce respawn time to 15 from 20)
-reduce aav's from 2 to 1

Ason is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-03, 18:18   #9
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

LRG

The planes need to be looked closer on:
- they started to spawn just as the round began? seems unnecessary to have the go during the briefing, and you could instantly spawn on them once the round started. the germans barely had time to set up. maybe a further spawn delay to give the germans some time to prepare?
- Wasn't the actual Normandy airdrops quite chaotic once they got over land? These planes fly in perfect order? Is it possible to make it more random? Or somewhat less predictable of where you're gonna land? It could make for some great moments in the beginning when every squad is trying get together.
- The planes kept going throughout the round it seemed? It would be cooler if later in the round it was something the commander could call in or something along those lines. But I know that the possibilities are limited.
- I felt it cheap that you could spawn on the planes almost up across the whole map. At several points i simply gave up and dropped in on the same flag over and over, while the germans of course had to run from their FOB when they died. It would make more sense to just have the spawn point at the bottom of the map and then it would disappear. Couple this if you don't know the route you're plane is going to take it will give the airplanes a bit of nerf.

other:
- yes the flags/routes needs to be looked over
- yes without choppers trecking across the map is boring(but it IS a 4k after all)
- having CAS is fucking cool
- i can't see much during the night - which is of course cool. but as with all night maps some people can see better which is annoying. i see no solution to this except the bane of night maps.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-03, 18:57   #10
[R-DEV]​Ason
Supporting Member

Thanks for your input,

The fighter planes on LRG should have 5 minutes delay at start, i guess it could be increased to 10 minutes.

Unfortunately paradrop planes can only move in a straight line.

Having ability to call in paradrops at later times would be a cool feature but I'm not the person to say if that would be possible or not.

I will look into changing the duration of paradrops, although I think they are pretty awesome I do agree with your point about it being weird to just drop over and over. It removes the value of each soldiers life and turns the game into a brainless rush to flags.

Will probably make it so paradrops stops when assets start spawning for US (either after 5 minutes or 10 minutes).

Will also see if i can brighten the map a bit, but brightness depends alot on your personal computer/graphics and screen setup, so it's hard to please everyone in this area by modifying lighting of the map.

Btw I hope admins will give AAS Alt some plays, I'm really interested to know how the routes with alot of flags plays out.

Last edited by Ason; 2022-01-03 at 19:09..