project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2006-11-12, 17:17   #1
[DVB] TRIggS

Exclamation Help with punkbuster

I have downloaded the new version from evenbalance and have the manual download on my desktop. On every game after about 10 minutes i get disconnected saying something about "mismatch MD5 tool 2.3.4" or something like that. What the hell does that mean! Can someone help me?

Just had it again and it says "MD5Tool Mismatch: pylib-2.3.4.zip ( len=2048 )
Last edited by [DVB] TRIggS; 2006-11-13 at 03:23..
Old 2007-04-21, 09:33   #2
RATMAN250
Banned

Yeah me to ,what the hell is that **** guys....
Last edited by Dunehunter; 2007-09-18 at 21:23..
Old 2007-04-21, 21:18   #3
Desertfox

Alright, I found the file so here is the link to download it http://rapidshare.com/files/27223100...2.3.4.zip.html

You put it in Program Files > EA Game > BattleField 2 and click yes to over-write. Before you do that though make sure you back the original up just in case this screws it up even more :P
Old 2007-09-17, 12:09   #4
hrPUFFnSTUFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DVB] TRIggS View Post
I have downloaded the new version from evenbalance and have the manual download on my desktop. On every game after about 10 minutes i get disconnected saying something about "mismatch MD5 tool 2.3.4" or something like that. What the hell does that mean! Can someone help me?

Just had it again and it says "MD5Tool Mismatch: pylib-2.3.4.zip ( len=2048 )
I have this problem, I see that heaps of peeps have this problem. I don't see any fix in the PR forums. I like this mod it would be a shame if nobody can fix it, I have tryed a few things that just caused more trouble eventuating in a compleat reinstall. I am not doing that again so it looks like I will just have to wait untill the next version of PR before I bother frustrating myself with Punkbuster crap.
Old 2007-09-17, 17:23   #5
BlakeJr
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrPUFFnSTUFF View Post
I have this problem, I see that heaps of peeps have this problem. I don't see any fix in the PR forums. I like this mod it would be a shame if nobody can fix it, I have tryed a few things that just caused more trouble eventuating in a compleat reinstall. I am not doing that again so it looks like I will just have to wait untill the next version of PR before I bother frustrating myself with Punkbuster crap.
Since this is not a bug specific to PR and maybe note even to BF2 I don't see how just waiting for the next version of PR will help you.

Did you try the suggested fix by Desertfox?

{ pretty sig removed construction on new one has not begun }
... yet ...
Old 2007-09-17, 20:12   #6
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

Does this solve the handshake problem as well.
I just reinstalled PR because of other problems and had 1 game on battlearena but I have handshake issues with the other servers.
I noticed that I already had this file but DL'd it anyway.
Old 2007-09-17, 20:22   #7
00SoldierofFortune00

Yea, I still have the handshaking problem when trying to go on servers like Thors or the German one.

I updated PB manually as well. Does anyone know any solution to this?
Old 2007-09-17, 23:33   #8
hrPUFFnSTUFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]BlakeJr View Post
Since this is not a bug specific to PR and maybe note even to BF2 I don't see how just waiting for the next version of PR will help you.

Did you try the suggested fix by Desertfox?
I have a few mods for BF2, none have any trouble running(no kicks) except for the odd "lost connection" running PR is the only time I get kicked from bunkbuster. this leads me to the conclousion the its a PR centric issue.
No I didn't DL the file from Desertfox, as I stated after having to reinstall after trying a few fix's I am not pissing arround with PB as that PR/BF2 are not the only games I play that use punkbuster and don't want to have to reformat AGAIN for a Punkbuster related issue as I have had to do in the past. A "Service Abnormality" error with punkbuster has forced me to do in the past after it took them over 10 weeks to respond to a Ticket request for support
Old 2007-09-18, 01:42   #9
LazyHeifer

This may just be circumstance , but a friend of mine and I were trying to solve (for him) the proverbial "handshake/PunkBuster" problem that is so prevalent lately.

After trying what seemed like every tip/trick in the forums to make PB work (with no luck ..) he tried playing some Vanilla BF2.

He joined 2 or 3 different servers, made sure that PunkBusterB.exe was running as a service and stayed in just long enuf to make sure (we hoped) that PunkBuster was updating itself. We left Vanilla , fired up PR, and lo-and-behold , he could join any PR server without being kicked.

Hope this actually helps someone.
Old 2007-09-18, 06:43   #10
BlakeJr
Retired PR Developer

Just noticed this was in the wrong forum... Moved next door to help and hardware

@PUFF, Downloading one file, making a backup copy of your original file then run the downloaded file doesn't seem like too much trouble if it'll work.
I'll stand by what I said, I've read reports about Punkbuster and how it affects a lot of people differently. Give the tip DesertFox gave you a chance. What do you have to loose?
Your call.

{ pretty sig removed construction on new one has not begun }
... yet ...

Tags
punkbuster