project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2007-09-28, 12:17   #1
-xX-Seth-Xx-
Default Game loading problem

A few days after I installed the new patch 0.61 I couldn't join any server. I tried a few times. Everytime I connect to a server the game loads but after 15% I am kicked to my desktop. It's really getting on my nerves. I read a few threads in the forum. They didn't sound like my problem but I updateted my Pb and it showed me that it is working well. After nothing helped I deinstalled battlefield 2 and everything which has something to do with it including all prmm stuff. I reinstalled but I still have the same problem. Any ideas...?
Old 2007-09-28, 17:17   #2
supahpingi

Try uninstalling PR,then delet pr folder,and download the 0.61 full client and install that,see if it worx!
Old 2007-09-28, 17:51   #3
JohnnyPissoff

Right on target Supahplngi, I was typing it out as you were posting. That's most likely the best course especially the delete folder aspect. You could actually drag the entire folder out and delete it with contents. Then to be sure go to the file/folder search function.

One off chance as well. It could be your fire-wall hasn't given the new application authorization to run. If so open it and Authorize it. Norton is famous for that crap.
Last edited by JohnnyPissoff; 2007-09-28 at 18:01.. Reason: brother beat me to the punch...lol
Old 2007-10-02, 15:39   #4
rosec003

hey guys i have a similar problem. I've tried unistallying pr and reinstalling it and i've installed the patch for singleplayer but whenever it starts to load it gets to 15% then just closes and goes back to desktop. I've not got norton (cant stand the program its awful and expensive!) i only run avg so i dont have a firewall to block it! i'm using version 1.4 as the guide said so any ideas what my problem might be?

thanks guys
Old 2007-10-02, 20:19   #5
JohnnyPissoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosec003 View Post
hey guys i have a similar problem. I've tried unistallying pr and reinstalling it and i've installed the patch for singleplayer but whenever it starts to load it gets to 15% then just closes and goes back to desktop. I've not got norton (cant stand the program its awful and expensive!) i only run avg so i dont have a firewall to block it! i'm using version 1.4 as the guide said so any ideas what my problem might be?

thanks guys
Heya Rosec003 check these two single player forum links by [R-DEV]Outlaw22 and forum member Hans Martin Slayer:
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/pr-...te-t28452.html
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/pr-...ayer-f101.html

Hope you've found your solution in those threads!
Old 2007-10-02, 22:23   #6
rosec003

Thanks for the links have been through everything but still cannot get the game to load. I have used the sp installer and been through numerous guides and still cannot solve the problem. I have read its a problem with the ojects server zip so i tried to resolve it by installing the objects server file you could download off the official sp guide thats been listed on here. and now the problems worse. I load 1% then 2% then it goes back to 1% then kicks me back onto windows? have i done something even more obscure?

the error i reseave states debug assertion failed.

this is a link to the screen shot i took with the full error on it

hope this helps people help me with my problem

thanks alot guys for helping out
Old 2007-10-03, 03:29   #7
BlakeJr
Retired PR Developer

Basically, any crashes that occur while in the first 15% of loading a map indicates a faulty objects_server.zip.
That in turn means reinstall PR. Follow the procedure mentioned in the posts above.

rosec003:
The guide says to use vBF2 patch version 1.41 NOT 1.4.
There is a difference.

{ pretty sig removed construction on new one has not begun }
... yet ...
Old 2007-10-03, 12:14   #8
rosec003

hiya again!

apologise first i made a typing error i do have patch 1.41 i downloaded it from a link list on the installation guide on this forum. I have tried unistalling the whole game and then resinstalling everything and still i get the same fault? Any ideas whats going wrong now? I have the fault both if i use the sp installer or do it manually. Anybody have any ideas what the heck i'm doing wrong on my ocmputer is?

incase people need the info:

i'm running windows xp sp2 (i do have vista ultimate 64bit installed aswell if that would make the installation process easier)

athlon 64x2 5200 2.6ghz
2gb dual channel 800mhz ram
asus x1950 (crossfire edition) graphics card
x16 dvd drive

hope this is everything i can give mroe details if i've missed anything anybody else can think i may need
Old 2007-10-03, 19:59   #9
JohnnyPissoff

*I just noticed you never mentioned whether or not your Multi-player works, or even if vBF2 runs single player.

Getting to the error report; technically speaking your system can't/won't load code (instruction) for Blood via the 3-D particle systems emitter. This instruction loads via directX.

There are a few diagnostics you could run:
- checking DXDIAG.EXE in your /WINDOWS/SYSTEM folder (This program checks your computer system very close and is an important diagnosis tool when you experience problems like this.

(*But until you answer the above questions and we find out whether it's your system, BF2 or PR, it's kind of moot to even go there. I did notice bodyarmor.tweak though. That most likely is a PR augmentation)

You can try some adjustments like:
- Turning your screen resolution down.
- Getting fresh chip set (motherboard) as well as graphics drivers.
- And of course completely uninstalling BF2/PR with a fresh install and new download to at least, refresh your DX9 version.

Hope that doesn't space you out as much as it does me...heh-heh...get back with the answer to the questions*, then we can go farther.
Old 2007-10-03, 21:05   #10
rosec003

hiya sorry i totally forogt about that! yes bf2 runs fine and i can run pr multiplayer (just the uni internet kills the connection after 2 mins) so i know the game will run. Just single player wont run. The drivers for my motherboard and such are only a month old as i only built the tower for uni in september. i did the checking program and it found no falts with anything on my system? so thats everything i know so far i have tried the reinstall once doing everything including the direct x 9 stuff and it jumped that stage after a minuite of checking.

I cant turn down my resolution its on minimum as it is.

thanks for your help

Tags
game, loading, problem