project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Map Strategies
25 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2009-04-06, 11:57   #1
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Your tank is dead, what now?

Kashan 32, you make a squad called "tank" so that everyone knows you are planning to get the tanks; this is a good thing so that the armour sticks together.

You go off, do your tanking, lots of useful stuff.

But oh dear...you get blown up by..whatever.

The SL of my squad last night decided the next step to achieve victory on the field of battle was to wait at main for 20mins. I promptly clicked 'leave squad'.

6 people at main waiting for tanks = your team is outnumbered at the front.

All because your squad is called 'Tank' does not mean that is all you can do the whole damned game.

Do something useful! get a helo ride as an infantry squad, or get an APC or something!

Sitting at main = waste of your time and waste of your team's time.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 13:03   #2
TimeMasheen
Default Re: Your tank is dead, what now?

I agree, I have A LOT of tank hours/kills under my belt and I've hardly waited at main for a tank.

What I normally do is get a HAT or AA kit and go set up east of bunkers (with help of transport squad) and I'll stay there for about 10-15minutes and then get a helo ride back to main and see if anyone needs a free hat kit.
TimeMasheen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 15:00   #3
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Do something useful! get a helo ride as an infantry squad, or get an APC or something!
but please, do not offense others for taking tanks then, heres example
muttrah city, MEC side
squad called "APC"(3 guys in squad) spawns at main, takes sniper, HAT and smth else, goes to front.... 10 minutes passed, me and my mate take apc, another 2 guys take another apc, we leave the base and what i see in chat???
smth like "you noobzorz leave our apc's at main, we are apc squad(still 3 guys). Where's admin?" said sniper, while sitting somewhere near North city
DankE_SPB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 15:29   #4
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Yeah, defer to the server rules, but imo squad names should only give priority in the first 10mins of a game, after that they are just...words.

Old 2009-04-06, 15:35   #5
Tartantyco

-I prefer that they stay back and wait for the tank(s) as anything else usually leads to things getting FUBAR. It doesn't take that long for tanks to spawn and when you have "rogue" squads they don't really contribute much to the game, they pick up special kits for no apparent reason, mess around to make time pass, then are late back at the main which means the team was without armor support for another 3-5-10 minutes, followed by the whining resulting from asset stealing, players picking up unused tanks at main and lonewolfing, etc. I fully support the "stay back and wait for your asset" side. Unless they suck, in which case they should stop it. Because they suck.
Tartantyco is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 16:20   #6
Hammell

I agree with the OP, sitting in main for 10 minutes is a waste of resources. They don't need to take special kits. A medic and some riflemen are still an effective infantry unit. The thing that sets them apart usually, is that they can't figure out how to be effective while not utilizing kits that regular inf. need. A gun is a gun, a soldier is a soldier.

And even if you want to wait, 1 man can wait while the rest go off to help, since when does it take 6 men to wait for something?

Again, a waste of manpower.
Hammell is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 14:42   #7
Skodz

Nothing should take more than 5 minutes to respawn. Seriously.
Skodz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 09:21   #8
Le_Chuck

If you lost your tanks as a tank squad, you should do something useful to the team than just waiting at main. For instance you can still build up FOBs in advantagous tactical positions such as somewhere on the eastern ridge, even in the bunker complex if possible. And if you think your firebase building could block any other FOBs to be build by the infantry, ive rarely seen 4 FOBs up on Kashan.
Le_Chuck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 09:57   #9
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I find a good thing for asset squads to do is transport/logistics until their assets respawn.

That way you are continually returning to main, when you can jump in to ur asset when it spawns.

Old 2009-06-15, 17:19   #10
driver-ch-driver

i cant stand waiting around for stuff at the main base anyway. i always try to get to the frontline some way
driver-ch-driver is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
dead, tank