project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2014-05-25, 20:22   #1
Roque_THE_GAMER

Default NATO tanks reload faster than Russians and Chinese tanks?

Hello, i was suspecting the Nato tanks are reloading more fast they main cannons and i make some research in the game files and actually yes they reload fast here the lines from the AP shell

Quote:
Type 98

ObjectTemplate.ammo.minimumTimeUntilReload 7

T72

T90

T62
ObjectTemplate.ammo.minimumTimeUntilReload 14

M1A1
ObjectTemplate.ammo.minimumTimeUntilReload 5

M1A2

NL Leo2a6
ObjectTemplate.ammo.minimumTimeUntilReload 6

Merkava

Ger Leo2a6

challenger 2

leclerc
ObjectTemplate.ammo.minimumTimeUntilReload 4

CF Leo2a6
what is the exact reason for nato tanks reload that fast? they does not have auto loader but that make they reload fast? and the Leclerc have a auto loader but reload 4 seconds the T-62 is ok he is a Old tank and maybe the crew is not well trained for this kind of ting but the T-90 and Type 98 are actually fresh tanks they auto loader should work fast thats looks like make no difference in tank fights but for the Leclerc vs T-72 (marlin) make a big difference in to a face to face fight even if the T-72 fire first aim at the side, the Leclerc will win if he hit all the shoots from the side and also the T-72 still have one hit kill spots(i will do a bug report soon)
Roque_THE_GAMER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 21:31   #2
M42 Zwilling
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: NATO tanks reload more fast than Russians and Chinese tanks?

Most Russian/Chinese tanks have autoloaders. Rapid firing is more sustainable with autoloaders (no human loader to get tired), but manual loading, which is used by most NATO tanks, can be much faster depending on crew skill; if I remember right some Merkava crews have even been known to fire at over 20 rounds per minute for very short periods.

On a side note, the value set ObjectTemplate.ammo.minimumTimeUntilReload does not represent the actual reload time on the tanks. It's actually one second longer than that.

"How many posts have there been about how much better PR was back in 0.X? The fact is that if we played the older versions we would start to remember the shortcomings, but we tend to hold onto the good memories tighter than the bad ones." - Murphy
M42 Zwilling is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 22:16   #3
MADsqirrel
Supporting Member

Why has the Dutch leo a second more then the German or Canadian one?
Are they slower because the smoke to much weed?
Also a German loader once told me the fastest they got was 4 seconds, but thats only at best conditions. A autoloader should be faster at reloading, while the tank is moving and while standing a human loader should be faster.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic56970_7.gif
MADsqirrel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 22:35   #4
M42 Zwilling
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADsqirrel View Post
Why has the Dutch leo a second more then the German or Canadian one?
Are they slower because the smoke to much weed?
Oh definitely.

Nah, it's a bug, will be fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADsqirrel View Post
Also a German loader once told me the fastest they got was 4 seconds, but thats only at best conditions. A autoloader should be faster at reloading, while the tank is moving and while standing a human loader should be faster.
Not possible AFAIK due to engine limitations.

"How many posts have there been about how much better PR was back in 0.X? The fact is that if we played the older versions we would start to remember the shortcomings, but we tend to hold onto the good memories tighter than the bad ones." - Murphy
Old 2014-05-25, 22:48   #5
Roque_THE_GAMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]M42 Zwilling View Post
Oh definitely.

Nah, it's a bug, will be fixed.

Not possible AFAIK due to engine limitations.
i do believe they time should be average since we cant simulate crew health or skill, the first shoot at the turret could knockout some of the crew like the loader or due the adrenaline influence on hes performance make him commit some mistake all the nato load should be 7~8 so they aren't firing at they best or they worst should simulate they on the best condition and they worst condition at the same time.

but also, why does the Leclerc as a auto loader fire THAT fast?
Old 2014-05-26, 00:20   #6
M42 Zwilling
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roque_THE_GAMER View Post
i do believe they time should be average since we cant simulate crew health or skill, the first shoot at the turret could knockout some of the crew like the loader or due the adrenaline influence on hes performance make him commit some mistake all the nato load should be 7~8 so they aren't firing at they best or they worst should simulate they on the best condition and they worst condition at the same time.
And an autoloader couldn't jam/malfunction in the same situation? I can't see any changes happening here, especially since the T-90 and Type 98 have other advantages that NATO tanks don't have, such as gun-launched ATGMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roque_THE_GAMER View Post
but also, why does the Leclerc as a auto loader fire THAT fast?
Don't know exactly, it just has an unusually fast one IRL.

Old 2014-05-26, 01:11   #7
Roque_THE_GAMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]M42 Zwilling View Post
And an autoloader couldn't jam/malfunction in the same situation? I can't see any changes happening here, especially since the T-90 and Type 98 have other advantages that NATO tanks don't have, such as gun-launched ATGMs.

Don't know exactly, it just has an unusually fast one IRL.
is more difficult to jam since its on the strong part of the turret and is under the gun

even if he get a frontal turret shoot the cannon or the fight compartment will be damage and if the gunner die the commander can get the turret control.

ATGMS are not that good no more, still can one hit kill but if it get hit the missile will deviate and miss the missile have a slow travel and is time enough to the gunner fire at the tank and make the enemy gunner aim shake also the ATGMs got less precision from previous patch, one day i just see my ATGM fly away and hit the ground and the enemy tank kill us after see we firing.
Old 2014-05-26, 06:36   #8
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Just make it so that ready time for ATGM is 4 seconds, then it would be balanced.
Because with a nerf to ATGM damage(clearly going to happen because it was destroying BluFor armour rather quickly), it's probably going to take 1 ATGM + 1 APFSDS to kill; most OpFor tanks have ATGM so ambush can consist of 1 ATGM + 1 APFSDS 8 seconds later while BluFor tank could only get two shots off at most.
MEC will be MEC, tank almost always free kills(assuming skill/luck are equal).

Marlin is probably the most blatant example of BluFor Bias.
If French tank crews are not total idiots they will win every time; and MEC apc do not even have ATGM.

Merkava even has both LAHAT AND faster reload time.

IIRC T-90(and T-72) autoloader can do 6.5s reload.
Last edited by ComradeHX; 2014-05-27 at 08:11..
Old 2014-05-26, 08:37   #9
K4on
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Wait for our MAs to reply.

K4on is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 06:33   #10
Hokunin
Retired PR Developer

They say that in a few first shots human reloader works a little faster than autoreload then human get tired, but that is on demonstrational shootings, where all the soldiers are fresh from drinking coffee five minutes ago in canteen and sleeping in comfy modern barracks.

In real war, when tank crews are marching sleeplessly for weeks in the middle of nowhere, they get tired under constant physical and psychological pressure - they are not fresh and therefore their reloading efficiency would not be perfect, let alone not all crews would have perfect reloading qualities(naturally it would vary - human factor). I believe in these conditions, even first shots of human reloader would not be any faster than autoreload.

Autoreload - is always ready, is always steady doesn't matter how many shots fired - its a machine, it doesn't need food or sleep, it doesn't need high moral, it can't get tired.

If PR can't simulate the human reloader getting tired, then I believe it would be only fair or say more balancing to make the reload timer on both sides the same. This will compensate the human reloader not getting tired at all, and autoreloader probably losing a few miliseconds on first reloads and then getting faster in compare with human.

Last edited by [R-CON]Hokunin; 2014-05-27 at 06:42..

Tags
chinese, fast, faster, nato, reload, russians, tanks