project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Map Strategies
10 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2011-02-05, 09:38   #1
Winstonkalkaros
Default Fallujah tactics

Since i didn't found any tactical guides on playing BLUFOR in Fallujah, i had to ask.

When playing on Marines, what strategies do you prefer when:

-Attacking the big building in south (the one with american pilot in cellar)
-Using vehicles in the heart o the city (it's very dangerous, i've noticed)
-Sniping

And i wan't to hear your BLUFOR experiences on this PR's best map.
Winstonkalkaros is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 09:57   #2
dtacs
Supporting Member

Default Re: Fallujah tactics

Don't bother assaulting the cache in the Asylum AKA Hospital AKA Mansion if its underground, Insurgents can simply keep spamming grenades off the cache and keep the Marines at bay. The only way is to C4 it through the concrete floors. Its simply a ticket sink and I've learned that the hard way.

Vehicles in the heart of the city is pointless and silly, often the gunners can't turn the turrets of whatever vehicle fast enough to react to contacts, they're better off keeping the Insurgents at bay along the main road or sitting outside the Asylum providing cover and restricting Insurgent movements around the south of the city.

Its a good map, always has been always will be. Gonna be crazy with 128 players. Probably the most well-detailed and immersive map around, Shijia Valley might change that.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 11:29   #3
Winstonkalkaros

Thanks man. I've seen a lot of inexperienced APC and Amtrac driving fools, who try to give fire support to city by going in there. Usually that means IED.
Winstonkalkaros is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 18:01   #4
Pronck
Supporting Member

For armor: Stay on the main roads, but don't stay at the Mansion, or "Alpha -Road" near your main. Avoid small streets and make sure that you have guy in your squad capable of disarming mines and IEDs.

For Small-vehicles: Keep driving! Dont stop because of a bullet hitting your passengers or .50 cal gunners!

For FOB-People: Don't make fortresses , just an FOB that isn't too obvious.

For l33t sn1p3rs: Stay on the Arch, keep providing intel and make sure you don't get killed.

For the remaining cache hunters: Just C4 the cache building!

We are staying up!
Last edited by Pronck; 2011-03-06 at 11:38..
Old 2011-02-27, 04:49   #5
Infantry1242

Medics shouldn't be forgotten, a medic once saved me when a sniper shot me, surprisingly me only wounding me.
Infantry1242 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 11:35   #6
Raufbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infantry1242 View Post
Medics shouldn't be forgotten, a medic once saved me when a sniper shot me, surprisingly me only wounding me.
That's not very map specific, isn't it.
Raufbold is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 11:27   #7
Tarranauha200

For fallujah, I recomen the Secondary(Acog) Marksman as sniper. Since the view distance is not too big, this gun does the job and can also be used in close combat. It doens`t matter if you dont hit on the first one since you can put down another accurate round 1 second after the first.

Also, keep moving! If you are spotted, supress the targets and relocate before they send infantry squad on you.
Tarranauha200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 12:12   #8
Pronck
Supporting Member

And by the way as infantry keep watching your flanks and the flanks of the APCs due to the narrow back alleys and sneak routes.

We are staying up!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 12:22   #9
dtacs
Supporting Member

Any APC which is in the situation where they are next to an alley has already made a fatal mistake.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 15:32   #10
x-spades-x
Supporting Member

I love using APC on that map, I usually stay near the main and watching the main roads and will give some support when I can. Just remember, if you're in an APC, it is your vehicle and YOUR responsibility to keep it alive. DO NOT do something just because other want you to. Keep it alive at any means.

[PR]x-spades-x
x-spades-x is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
fallujah, tactics