project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
03 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2016-12-05, 15:50   #1
mries
Supporting Member
Default Stormer

I think the Stormer missiles are OP against APC's.

On Shija Valley, the Stormer can destroy the Chinese APC (the 25mm) with just two missiles on the front(!) armor.

The missiles are like super ATGM's because of the rate of fire, speed and manual guiding.

Next to that, when a missile is fired towards you in an engagement you'll get a hard time keeping track on the stormer (as an APC gunner) because of the smoke and large explosion visuals blocking your view.

Don't know what others opinions and experiences are? Please discuss.

mries is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-05, 21:14   #2
DogACTUAL

Default Re: Stormer

They are high velocity missiles mate. That's why the devs made them so effective against light armor afaik.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-05, 21:52   #3
X-Alt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mries View Post
I think the Stormer missiles are OP against APC's.

On Shija Valley, the Stormer can destroy the Chinese APC (the 25mm) with just two missiles on the front(!) armor.

The missiles are like super ATGM's because of the rate of fire, speed and manual guiding.

Next to that, when a missile is fired towards you in an engagement you'll get a hard time keeping track on the stormer (as an APC gunner) because of the smoke and large explosion visuals blocking your view.

Don't know what others opinions and experiences are? Please discuss.
The Starsteak missle should be doing even more damage than it is now. Before you could easily wipe an APC squad in a span of 20 seconds, now with active tracking it's a little bit harder.

On the upside it's definitely more effective against moving INF.
X-Alt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-05, 22:19   #4
DogACTUAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Alt View Post
The Starsteak missle should be doing even more damage than it is now. Before you could easily wipe an APC squad in a span of 20 seconds, now with active tracking it's a little bit harder.

On the upside it's definitely more effective against moving INF.
Very true, also considering how useless the british APCs are ingame against every OPFOR APC due to there clumsiness and firerate, it is only fair that there is another vehicle that can actually take on those APCs more effectively.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-07, 20:24   #5
tankninja1

Supposedly the darts in the missile are ~1kg moving at ~mach 4 or ~1372 m/s and each dart is 22mm in diameter and made of tungsten and all that is before the bursting charge goes off.
tankninja1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-07, 20:27   #6
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Some sources report the Starstreak to have same penetration as TOW. This thing does penetrate a lot. I actually think it is weaker than its r/l counterpart right now.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-07, 20:44   #7
mries
Supporting Member

Oh wauw, im impressed.

Nothing said...

mries is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-08, 00:01   #8
chrisweb89
PR Server License Moderator

I havent had a chance to play with it yet, but if it doesn consistently throw balance off then it might need a rebalance. In my head without using it though I think its fine to leave, because if its engaging ground targets its not doing AA and is much more likely to die, so its fair.
chrisweb89 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-08, 00:18   #9
X-Alt

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391 View Post
Some sources report the Starstreak to have same penetration as TOW. This thing does penetrate a lot. I actually think it is weaker than its r/l counterpart right now.
IMO it's a good idea to buff it some more.

Makes up for the Warrior.
X-Alt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-09, 21:50   #10
Hunt3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391 View Post
Is there any consideration to "buff" the UK IFVs with the CT40 turret if that actually comes to fruition?
Hunt3r is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
stormer