project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2012-07-01, 07:14   #1
Pvt.LHeureux
-
Default Since it's one big static (or more)

I guess that it allows you to get around the Refractor2's map problem wich is having 3D terrain? Because right now BF2 only allows for 1 plane to be modified in heigh and shape (the last done at the start). So you cannot make caves, tunnels, etc.

But since you use statics for the map you can make caves and tunnels, bunkers, etc, RIGHT in the map
Old 2012-07-01, 09:33   #2
ZondaX15
Default Re: Since it's one big statics.. (or more)

Not 100%, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't many, if any, tunnel systems in the Falklands during the war?
But I see where you're coming from. Aye, it would be a nice addition, but the historical accuracy side of things is probably more important.
Old 2012-07-01, 17:55   #3
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I think Heureux is thinking in regards to other maps.

While yes, this can be done, its a little hard to do, although not that hard but the main problem is the main problem with modeled terrain, and that simply is you can't have any undergrowth etc.

If you want to have tunnels on a 4km map or smaller, your best off doing what has been done before, and that is to dig a hole into the terrain, then put a tunnel model into it which has a terrain cover, which is basically the same thing as modeled terrain, other than the rest of it is still normal terrain where you don't have tunnels and is far better overall.

Old 2012-07-03, 02:03   #4
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Yeah but the thing with a static applied to a normal map to make tunnels and stuff is that it looks out of place sometimes.

Anyway, for your undergrowth you could always use statics fields to add some grass.

Tags
big, static, statics