project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
30 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2020-12-21, 19:08   #1
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

Default Commander Improvements - Team buffs

Currently the commander does not offer too much to a team except for about 15 minutes of UAV time and 1 area attack.

Would it make the commander a more important role to have if having a commander would reduce the spawn times of logistic vehicles (logis, helis, trans trucks) by a set percentage?

Also, the UAV seems to be circling a little bit too fast, making it uneasy on the eyes to focus on things. I forgot to record it, but I've noticed it quite often. While we're at it, we could either extend the UAV "fuel" for 5-10 more minutes, or make it refuel slightly faster to keep the commander occupied.

While this might make it more important, I'm not sure if it will do anything to incentivize players to take this role up more often.

In-game: Cobra-PR
PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-21, 21:16   #2
Rabbit
Default Re: Commander Improvements - Team buffs

In the very off chance its actually possible to reduce spawn timers if there is a commander I think it would be a nice addition to the game. I used to love playing commander but something happened with either myself or the game and I feel out of love with it. Kinda wish you could get some sort of benifit to following commanders orders to but that is super unlikely to be possible.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-21, 21:35   #3
InfantryGamer42

Maybe commander can spawn extra logis like in BF2 or something around those lines?
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-21, 21:59   #4
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfantryGamer42 View Post
Maybe commander can spawn extra logis like in BF2 or something around those lines?
Imo from a gameplay point of view those spawn times would need to be linked for how long your are commander and not ingame time to stop the current meta of just quickly hopping in as commander and selecting it and leaving again.
Old 2020-12-21, 22:36   #5
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

Yeah, I guess if vehicle is destroyed while commander present, reduce spawn time. Additionally, commander should be able to "recall" stranded logis, something like the delete button for fobs, destroys logi with no ticket cost and has instant or highly reduced spawn time. This could be an ability that the commander can use once every 15 min or so

Old 2020-12-21, 22:56   #6
T.E.D.F4257845
PR:BF2 QA Tester

Maybe some deployable assets that can only be deployed by the commander? I remember, while modding random stuff on coop, finding things that are in the game but are not used like deployable pillboxes and command bunkers which seem to have all the meshes and stuff already. Not sure if they have ever been used before, but maybe worth looking into?

That would give the commander a choice of strategy - will I go and support the team by placing some additional deployables or will I go and gather some intel with UAV. Maybe even go step further and add an additional "CO Officer" kit that can only be obtained from the main base to restrict people from abusing the CO function by resigning whoever's on the UAV for a moment so some random guy could deploy something in the field.

"Never underestimate the power of BRDMs in large groups"
T.E.D.F4257845 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-22, 09:46   #7
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

Well I was going to suggest that the commander gets the ability to deploy a single vehicle repair station but I'm not sure whether a field commander is a good idea.

In that case, we could think about two "trees" of abilities. The first set will only be available from the tent in main, while the other ones could be available from the field. When at a fob, the commander could have some additional deployables and I'm addition to that, going wounded within 100m from him costs no tickets? Not sure if that's possible but it is an interesting directionto think about.

Old 2020-12-22, 15:24   #8
UncleSmek

Time to revamp the commander role even more to incentives people playing it

I suggest you make commanders get kills from Area attacks

I suggest you decrease the AoE of the area attack and the amount of rounds aswell as the cooldown
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-22, 15:44   #9
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleSmek View Post
Time to revamp the commander role even more to incentives people playing it

I suggest you make commanders get kills from Area attacks

I suggest you decrease the AoE of the area attack and the amount of rounds aswell as the cooldown
Shame the commander arty overhaul never panned out.
Old 2020-12-22, 16:01   #10
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Shame the commander arty overhaul never panned out.
It is still lying around, just need to finally finish it

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote