project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2017-08-03, 13:17   #1
lodomirek
Default Error

Hi

I installed the game today and i have a problem with the update. After the update showed an error :acces denied ScreenShooter - Check this screenshot!

This is my log file
Quote:
[code]Project Reality Log File
PRLauncher.exe started at: 2017-08-03T14:49:04

Warning: Unable to set video setting: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Moje dokumenty\ProjectReality\Profiles\0001\Video.con'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileSystemInfo.set_Attributes(FileAttrib utes value)
at System.IO.FileInfo.set_IsReadOnly(Boolean value)
at Reality.BF2.Settings.Video.SetSetting(UInt16 a, VideoSetting b, VideoLimitedQualityDescription c)
Warning: Unable to set video setting: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Moje dokumenty\ProjectReality\Profiles\0001\Video.con'.
at Reality.BF2.Settings.Video.SetSetting(UInt16 a, VideoSetting b, VideoLimitedQualityDescription c)
at Reality.BF2.Settings.Video.SetSetting(UInt16 a, VideoSetting b, VideoRestrictedQualityDescription c)
at Reality.BF2.Settings.Video.SetSetting(UInt16 a, VideoSetting b, VideoDynamicQualityDescription c)
at Reality.BF2.Settings.Video.SetSetting(UInt16 a, VideoSetting b, VideoDynamicQualityDescription c)
at Reality.BF2.Settings.Video.SetSetting(UInt16 a, VideoSetting b, VideoQualityDescription c)
lodomirek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-03, 14:25   #2
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: Error

Run as admin.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-03, 15:08   #3
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member

You selected 'windows XP' as operation system category for this thread, if you are on windows XP, It is also important to note that PR will likely not work.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-03, 16:07   #4
lodomirek

Game works normally when i skip update but then i cant play on the servers
Old 2017-08-03, 17:12   #5
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Looks like a simple windows permission error. Confirm that your profile exists or that the process has permissions (Run as admin).
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-04, 06:28   #6
lodomirek

I don't know what i've done but it works now.
Old 2017-08-05, 14:59   #7
Unit-RX400
Supporting Member

I tried PR about month a go on XP Pro 64-bit. Game itself worked. Could update it and play online. Mumble crashed though and did not function.
Unit-RX400 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-28, 22:24   #8
robbob

lodomirek,

Can you list at least some of the things you tried? I'm having the same issue and can't resolve it.

There's no separate file to run. It's an automated online/download/update process run from within the PR program. What would you "run as administrator"?

Thanks!
RobBob
robbob is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-29, 16:18   #9
WeeGeez
Supporting Member

This happens intermittently I must admit and I think to fix it I deleted the profiles folder under my documents. Sometimes if you wait before clicking update or skip it just randomly goes away. Strange one...

Cheap computer build / fast track upgrade for slow computer for PR > Guide
WeeGeez is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-02, 22:39   #10
robbob

Hi WeeGeez,

As lodomirek mentions, I can skip the update and it plays fine solo, but then it won't play on any server. It crashes before the apparently-needed update installs.

RobBob
robbob is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
error