project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > Dunehunter
04 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rating: 13 votes, 2.77 average.
Duney's First Blog: like watching a baby take his first steps before face-planting.
Posted in: Other
Posted 2010-01-20 at 21:24 by Dunehunter

As many of you will know, I'm not a mapper, modeller, coder or texture artist. As such, I don't directly contribute into each new release of Project Reality, but I support the team through more random tasks - things like banning people, moving threads, helping people find their way around the forum, locking re-suggestions in an effort to prevent the suggestions forum from being too cluttered, and banning more people.

One of the things that I've noticed lately is that Masaq has made a dev blog. Masaq! **** this I said, if Masaq makes one, I've got to make one too! The main problem is of course...what about? I mean, I could go for the cheap "copy Masaq's post and edit it a bit" gimmick, but that would be incredibly stupid. And, well, I don't really do any development work...so I can't really blog about that without stealing other people's work, so all I can blog about is...moderation! Not a clue yet whether I'll be doing this more often (it'll probably depend on the amount of "5/5/, would read again, could have my sister" comments I get)

The basic plan is to tell you guys a bit about the stuff that goes on behind the scenes on the forum, and maybe get some input from the forum users too. TL, DR: why did someone get banned, and what do you guys think about it? Especially since it's been six months and a bit till the Powers That Be figured I would make a decent enough Lead Moderator.

Of course, there are some things I can't really talk about here, but one thing I can talk about, is a decision taken a while back by me regarding what to do about racist attacks on other people. As you may have noticed, we tend not to go straight for bans, preferring to let the AWS system do it's work...but every racist attack I see, will result in a 7 day ban, no excuses. Calling someone names referring to religion, race, sex, sexual orientation, etc. will not be tolerated on these forums.

The more you know...

Also, this is a good place to give a shout-out to my team. You guys know who you are (and if you don't, go look at the team list). I couldn't do it without you all...mostly because I have to sleep sometimes.
Updated 2010-01-21 at 01:56 by Dunehunter
Views: 21445 | Comments: 14

Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 14
  1. Old Comment
    *and thus the forums were filled with the sounds of forced cheer, slow methodical clapping, and somewhere off in the distance, barely audible, the imperial march could be heard, though no source could be identified*
  2. Old Comment
    so... do we get cookies if we read that?...
    Posted 2010-01-20 at 22:43 by bloodthirsty_viking bloodthirsty_viking is offline
  3. Old Comment
    Pics of your sister or GTFO
  4. Old Comment
    I would read that again, but you can't have my sister. Can I have yours though?
  5. Old Comment
    5/5, would read again, could have my sister! Wait, what?!
  6. Old Comment
    Pics of your hairy brother or GTFO
  7. Old Comment
    Yeah Dune, more of this behind the scenes stuff plz.

Also, any pics behind these scenes?
  8. Old Comment
    I lol'd <3 you Dune
  9. Old Comment
    Every one rate 5/5.
  10. Old Comment
    Rated terrible. No pics, no stars!!!!