project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > motherdear
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
New player here! (A brilliant introduction to PR life by Spec_operator)
Posted in: Other
Posted 2011-06-10 at 15:31 by motherdear

Took myself the liberty to use my DEV powers for the greater good of mankind (and anybody that stumbles upon PR)

[QUOTE=Spec_Operator;1607380]*Throws you an M4 carbine*

Take that. Stick with it. All these fancy tanks and aircraft can wait, at first you'll need to learn how to fight as an infantryman.

Here, take a few shots at those targets. Don't forget to call out contacts in a combat situation and wait for orders on whether to engage or not, unless you have been allowed to shoot on sight.

Ah, your grouping wasn't too bad there! If you want to improve your performance, you'll need to understand that the more you move, the worse you shoot. Take a knee, wait a few seconds, take a breath and then shoot, don't spray away.

Yeah, that's it! Put your weapon on safe and listen up again.

When you're being sent out there, you'll report to your squad leader immediately. Tell him how to call you, that you're new, and ask him what equipment he wants to assign you and where to deploy. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Although, here, take this one as well.

*Hands you the field manual*

This is your bible now. Read it carefully and you'll spare your squad leader a lot of stress.

Don't try to be a hero. Try to stay alive before everything else. Know how to use the rifle, and learn the basics of first aid - the field manual covers that - so that you can help your medic, should he get wounded in combat, and people can rely on you. You won't want to drive any heavy vehicles or even aircraft yet.

In a proper "INF VOIP" squad, you'll be of use even when not very experienced, and you'll quickly learn everything that's important out on the battlefield. Follow orders, don't be too shy on the radio, and ask when you have questions, and you'll get along nicely with the veterans.

Now go and report to Wicca's platoon, these guys are excellent at introducing recruits.

I'm not quite sure why I just role-played that, but yeah. Read the manual, join an infantry squad, tell them you're new and let them guide you through a bit, and you'll be fine. .[/QUOTE]
Views: 61274 | Comments: 19

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 19
  1. Old Comment
    I meant the training session thingies that Wicca spammed as usual. I actually warned him not to listen to any other advice by Wicca
  2. Old Comment
    who the frack wants to be in Wiccas platoon anyway?
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dev1200 View Comment
    Wicca's platoon? Only if you want to be cannon fodder
    of course
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by [R-DEV]motherdear View Comment
    A donation of hookers and blow will be just as widely accepted as a bribe It's actually the real reason that nosferatus is a DEV, or actually it's because of his abilites to make awesome highlights and freaking good refs
    It's neither of that.

In reality moderators have recieved order to ban me long time ago, but fail to spell my nickname right to execute banning protocol.

And good post by the way, we need more of this, with videos and pictures.
  5. Old Comment
    first time i read this i thought it said "By R-DEV Spec_Operator"

My mind went "WTF" then =P
    Posted 2011-06-17 at 21:20 by bloodthirsty_viking bloodthirsty_viking is offline
  6. Old Comment
    movie time Bitches!
  7. Old Comment
    whos going to Youtube animate a short little clips first? . . . . . please dont . . . please? lol this should be said on every Install like an agreement lol
  8. Old Comment
    Wow! When I read this, kind of reminded me of the 1st time I played PR...

I thought it was some kind of magical super-realistic and hard-to-play game. After some time, you get used to it.

Ohh, the first times are always the best ones!
  9. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bloodthirsty_viking View Comment
    first time i read this i thought it said "By R-DEV Spec_Operator"

My mind went "WTF" then =P
    Now I'm one step closer to that. Mwhahaha.