project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-06, 00:42   #1
Rg
Lightbulb Shaky camera effect! + Faster Crawl!

Firstly,

I mentioned a shaky camera effect before in this thread.
http://realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2423

I would like to see the camera shake/jitter/bounce when running.

FlyBoy just posted a BF2 video where at one point in the video, the camera does something close to what I suggested.
Advance to 0.57 seconds.........
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...55679414&q=bf2

Looks very cool right? It would definitely add to the intensity of advancing/finding cover.
The effect should be pretty violent when running, but maybe have a mild version of that effect when jogging/walking/crawling.

Secondly,

I mentioned this before in some other thread – faster crawl.

When you press the sprint button when prone/crawling, you move faster, but it takes up stamina, just like running does. You should also use the sprinting animation (how you hold the gun to your body while you sprint) for normal/fast crawling while prone, so your gun isn’t facing forward and you cant shoot until you stop moving.

For an example just think of OFP. They have two crawl modes like I mentioned (slow/fast). This would allow people to advance cautiously and not put themselves in as much danger as jogging/running would.

If you add this faster crawl in, you can add the shaky camera effect to this! The milder version for when normal crawling, but the more violent version for when using the faster crawl.

I don’t know if this is possible in this engine, but this would be a very cool/UNIQUE feature for this mod.
Old 2005-12-06, 01:02   #2
Resjah

I would definatly like to see all that you said implemented, i just dont want the shakky camera effects to be too dramatic, go take a jog outside and see if your view bounces around as much as the guy in the vid did, my view certainly doesnt, but a small camera jitter would be awesome,especially for explosions.

A faster crawl would be cool and i would like to see that as well, but why stop there, they should have it for ladder climbing too, slow/fast and work in the same ways with the stamina bar as you said above.
Old 2005-12-06, 01:10   #3
USAF-Marshall

Only problem is when you rush up a ladder there is chance you will lose your footing and slip.... other than that, ladder climbing is okay since you have to consider that your soldier is carrying alot of weight and bulky armor vest and such
Old 2005-12-06, 01:57   #4
Rg

haha, I laughed sooo hard at your sig Marshall.

FlyBoy,
Yea, not too dramatic where you can't see anything, but it should make you want to stop to clearly view your surroundings.
Old 2005-12-06, 02:49   #5
Cerberus

Faster crawl needs to be implemented!

The current speed is not very effective in movements on the battlefield. By the time you get on the enemy's flank, he's be gone.
Old 2005-12-06, 03:11   #6
USAF-Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rg
haha, I laughed sooo hard at your sig Marshall...

Doesnt it just explain the whole pilot thing in BF2? lol
Old 2005-12-06, 23:43   #7
Heydude235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rg
Firstly,

I mentioned a shaky camera effect before in this thread.
http://realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2423

I would like to see the camera shake/jitter/bounce when running.

FlyBoy just posted a BF2 video where at one point in the video, the camera does something close to what I suggested.
Advance to 0.57 seconds.........
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...55679414&q=bf2

Looks very cool right? It would definitely add to the intensity of advancing/finding cover.
The effect should be pretty violent when running, but maybe have a mild version of that effect when jogging/walking/crawling.

Secondly,

I mentioned this before in some other thread – faster crawl.

When you press the sprint button when prone/crawling, you move faster, but it takes up stamina, just like running does. You should also use the sprinting animation (how you hold the gun to your body while you sprint) for normal/fast crawling while prone, so your gun isn’t facing forward and you cant shoot until you stop moving.

For an example just think of OFP. They have two crawl modes like I mentioned (slow/fast). This would allow people to advance cautiously and not put themselves in as much danger as jogging/running would.

If you add this faster crawl in, you can add the shaky camera effect to this! The milder version for when normal crawling, but the more violent version for when using the faster crawl.

I don’t know if this is possible in this engine, but this would be a very cool/UNIQUE feature for this mod.
1st - hell no your eyes dont shake when you run.
2nd - Yes maybe i would like this
Old 2005-12-07, 00:03   #8
Cerberus

1st - hell no your eyes dont shake when you run.

Your head moves around alot and your eyes are in your head
Old 2005-12-07, 01:13   #9
Heydude235

Well i dont like it maybe i gess
Old 2005-12-07, 01:15   #10
Cerberus

You should learn to like it
Closed Thread

Tags
camera, crawl, effect, faster, shaky