Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2009-05-31, 18:01   #11
NobleBenj
Default Re: Cant select X-fi Audio settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-TEC]Robbi187 View Post
Welcome to the forums mate.

Have you checked that you are running it in game mode on your creative audio control panel?

It has to be on that otherwise it sometimes messes up if its on Entertainment or Audio Creation mode.
Dude, I wish it was that simple
Old 2009-05-31, 18:12   #12
NobleBenj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddsodz View Post
I Am only guessing here. But the cards you have told us about are not made by "Creative". They are made by 3th party's. In your case "Auzentech" and "ASUS". This means that you may not be able to use the "Creative X-Fi" settings. It stands to reason that you would need a "Creative X-Fi" to use the ingame "Creative" X-Fi settings.

But I am unsure on the matter as I have never had the cards you have told us about. So I could be wrong.
Yeah I know, funny thing is people have managed to get the Asus working with "creative x-fi" render but I couldn't, so went for the Forte 7.1 being the creative chipset I didn't thing I'd have a problem, wishful thinking I guess.

Thanks for all the comments so far guys, i know someone will have the answer eventually, I think it's more to do with Vista64 to be honest.
Old 2009-05-31, 18:23   #13
NobleBenj

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxBoZ View Post
I had that too fixed it today, just go to the audio settings tab in BF2, then Alt-tab and switch modes, from Game to entertainment and back to game-mode it worked for me.
Tried and failed, are you using Vista64? and I'm curious to know what sound card you've got?
Old 2009-05-31, 18:38   #14
Robbi
Supporting Member

As said, as your not using a creative product just creative tech the software may not allow you to use it...

Old 2009-06-02, 21:26   #15
whale156

No mine is an official creative x fi, bought the boxed retail 1 too just to be sure, also if i switch while the game is running it just goes silent and i have to restart and hence back to square 1. Someone said about deleting a file which one was it?(ie where found?)

Tags
audio, render, select, settings, xfi