project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2008-09-29, 09:20   #1
rooster
Default General PB Client Authentication Failure?

First of all, hello to everyone!

Well, as a fan of realistic military games, i wanted to play in PR, but i can't because of that damn Punk Buster! First i had problems with handshaking failure (PnkBstrB simply didn't opened), i tried many solutions from this forum and none helped! But now, for a couple of days, PnkBstrB does work but still i can't play!! Now the problem is "PunkBuster kicked player (for 0 minutes)... General PB Client Authentication Failure - Reinstall PB if problem persists". I reinstalled PB of course but it didn't help arghhh!
Old 2009-06-26, 11:28   #2
Count Conqueror
Default Re: General PB Client Authentication Failure?

I've got the exact same trouble.

Reinstalling makes no difference, ensuring PB B is running makes no difference, updating PB makes no difference, allowed through firewall etc.

Funny thing is i'm not kicked from Battlefield 2142 or Enemy Territory Quake Wars and these both use punkbuster too....

Any ideas anyone?
Old 2009-06-26, 12:05   #3
nick20404

Sorry if you already did, but did you try to delete the PB folder completely and than reinstall it?
Old 2009-06-26, 14:59   #4
Count Conqueror

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick20404 View Post
Sorry if you already did, but did you try to delete the PB folder completely and than reinstall it?
Any suggestions are welcome

This seemed to work for a while, could play for about 10-15 min longer, but unfortunately its developed a new problem, "ignoring md5 tool queries".... I have no clue what that means lol
Old 2009-06-26, 16:04   #5
Robbi
Supporting Member

Ok, get yourself a program called pbsvc.exe that should solve you PB problems, as for MD5 query you may have fracked that up by deleting your PB folder,

Have a look here for MD5 stuff

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27...-solution.html

Old 2009-06-26, 21:05   #6
Count Conqueror

Thanks for your input,

Got myself hold of this pbsvc, ran the test and it said no problems, which seems a bit odd since 2142 doesn't kick me for any PB issues yet playing PR does.

I tried removing and replacing PB through this and unfortunately still the problem persists.

Its almost like PB is making it up as it goes along, so far pretty much in order i've had:

Authentification failure

Corrupt packet flow

MD5 error - have only seen this once recently

Now its gone back to general authentification

Not sure about this MD5 tools error, it didn't mention a "mismatch", but "ignoring" MD5 queries?

Again many thanks for input.
Old 2009-06-26, 22:04   #7
nick20404

Have you tried to disable your firewall, it could be blocking PB from pining it self.
Old 2009-06-29, 13:40   #8
Count Conqueror

Had a go with the firewall off and still no luck, unfortunately I can no longer log into PR at all....

When i log in to the main screen, the middle image goes black and the sidebar to join to the internet is the only thing visible, PR freezes and the only option is to reset the computer...SIGH

Odd thing is I can't connect to BF 2142 or BF2 as it says I have no internet connection. Log into the ea website and 2142 lets me on.

I have problems lol
Old 2009-07-01, 20:33   #9
Count Conqueror

For some reason I can now get back into PR, huzzah.

Managed to get an hour and a half before.....Punkbuster Authentification failure

Tried without the firewall, still persists....

Tags
authentication, client, failure, general