project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2009-10-15, 19:01   #1
Menigmand
Default Changing the stamina system

Just a quick idea:

How about changing the stamina system, so that every time you have regained a full meter, the maximum amount of sprint decreases by one dot?

This would mimick the effect of fatigue slowly creeping in, and also discourage using sprint as a quicker way to move around.

This in turn would increase focus on squad tactics, as it would lessen the likelihood of some devil-may-care solo player running up behind your squad in the hope of a quick knife kill, and also make it easier for squads to stick together.

All too often, I see squadmembers having very different ideas of how much sprint to use, so that the most eager get far ahead of the rest. The more cautious players find it difficult to keep up, while still having half a stamina bar left for an emergency dash to cover.

Now feel free to open fire against this idea

Constructive comments are also welcome.
Menigmand is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 19:04   #2
Mad-Mike
Default Re: Changing the stamina system

my opinion - that doesnt sound good tbh.
Mad-Mike is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 19:13   #3
Menigmand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menigmand View Post
How about changing the stamina system, so that every time you have regained a full meter, the maximum amount of sprint decreases
That is to say, every time you have depleted a total of one whole meter.

It should add up, so that if you run for two dots, it will recharge to max, then after three more dots, still back up to max, but when you finally have spent and regained a total of (10?) dots, the max amount decreases a tiny bit.

With just one full meter, you can run for a very long time, and if you use the points sparingly, you can get across many open roads, fields, etc. We tend to forget that now, because we keep running for 500 metres at a time. Then after a short break, next run of 500 metres. I doubt it's done like that out there in the real world..
Last edited by Menigmand; 2009-10-15 at 19:19..
Old 2009-10-15, 19:31   #4
bloodthirsty_viking

truthfully, i might be wrong, but i dont think the engian can do that.

i also just think that altough it may be realistic, it seems to encurage giving up more the staying wonded becuase if you give up your back to full stanima.

also, what would happen if your not halfway full yet (after doinf one full sprint) and you sprint agian, how would that affect the meter?
bloodthirsty_viking is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 19:49   #5
Menigmand

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodthirsty_viking View Post

i also just think that altough it may be realistic, it seems to encurage giving up more the staying wonded becuase if you give up your back to full stanima.

also, what would happen if your not halfway full yet (after doinf one full sprint) and you sprint agian, how would that affect the meter?

1: Good point. I agree we need to do everything to encourage players to fear for their virtual lives, and this wouldn't help. Unless of course we make the fatigue creep permanent across several deaths and reappearances (which would not be realistic, but then again, neither is respawn..)

2: It would only be based on how many points of sprint you actually spend, not on how many were immediately available when you started sprinting.
Menigmand is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 21:05   #6
gaurd502

You would be punished for not dying as an infantry.
gaurd502 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
changing, stamina, system