project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
05 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2006-06-16, 22:43   #31
Hawk_345

I would like to see muzel falshes on the dark maps especially but only if is added to weapons that actually have muzel falshes in realife, if not forget about it. aalthough it would not hurt seeing who is shotting at you in the dark.
Old 2006-06-16, 23:00   #32
Nick666

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVoodoo
häh?

a) thats not possible!
b) where's the logic in it?
c) a minigun without muzzleflash on firing looks like crap... The feeling that you shoot this weapon is not present w/o muzzleflash. i hate it the way it is right now in prmm!
Man, what are you talking about?
A muzzleflash is nearly unvisible in daylight. Watch the video on the first page, post #3!
Even in the vids with the minigun you barely see a muzzleflash but the special tracer-ammunition! Some of the vids are also recorded with nightvision because of that you can see a bigger muzzleflash.
Muzzlefashes nearly don't exist with modern ammunition, you don't shoot with black-powder any more!

You only will see muzzleflashes (a flash coming out of the muzzle of you gun) in the night or only rarely on daylight!

Go and watch Hollywood films with such stylish special effects!
Last edited by Nick666; 2006-06-16 at 23:08..
Old 2006-06-17, 00:38   #33
Hawk_345

well thats where it should be put in, at night, thats the main idea to me.
Old 2006-06-17, 01:55   #34
Agent Johnson

the muzzle flash that is so glorified by holywood is a cosmetic thing to make the movie seem more cosmeticaly enhanced. Any kind of weapon does not make a massive muzzle flash, i have alot of experience with guns and i know the muzzle flash can rarely be seen in day time, in the night or low light situations however it can but it only lasts for probably 1/100 of a second and isnt as big as the movies except for the larger bore wich are kinda big. however something like a .50 cal. pistol such as a desert eagle or a S&W 500 magnum with their short barrels can be seen a at times in the day time but ofcourse only lasts for less than a split second
Old 2006-06-17, 08:12   #35
TheVoodoo

you guys know that im asking only for Muzzleflash for the Minigun thats mounted on the blackhawk?

I became already convinced that all other weapons dont have a noticeable muzzleflash and agree to it.

But i do NOT agree that the minigun hasnt!
Old 2006-06-17, 11:03   #36
Malik
Banned

When was the last time that you fired a minigun? I'm guessing from your passion for this topic you were in the Vietnam War or something and are quite the minigun expert.
Old 2006-06-17, 19:37   #37
Deuce6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavit
on the minigun there is an imense muzzle flash. its practicly spitting fire as a video i found an age ago shows:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...5975&q=Minigun

Hey if you look at the other videos, there's the "minigun from mosul" video. It's the DAPS blackhawk, it has rockets, a 30mm cannon, and two miniguns I do believe. I was just down the road from that manning COP Tampa, and we thought someone got into a HUGE firefight, and everyone who was sleeping woke up and we were all on full alert until we found out what was going on.

I lost so much sleep because of that.
Old 2006-06-17, 19:40   #38
Deuce6

oh and most muzzle flashes are severely reduced due to the "birdcage" at the muzzle. It's called a flash supressor.

Sorry guys, no muzzle flashes. You hardly ever see them.
Old 2006-06-17, 19:43   #39
Bob_Marley
Retired PR Developer

You only really get big muzzle flashes if the barrel of the weapon is too short for its cartrage. Remember, muzzle flair is excess powder being burnt off, which means if you're getting it you're not getting the most out of you're cartrage. Thats why something like a Colt M733 Commando will have a much larger muzzle flair than an M16A2. The Commado uses the same cartrage but with a barrel almost half the length of the M16A2. Which means that not all of the power of the cartrage is being used to propel the bullet toward its target. Which is bad.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Old 2006-06-17, 22:07   #40
TheVoodoo

Relating to this thread, i experimented with some muzzleflash effects for the MINIGUN. After some hours of tweaking, I found an excelent solution! A visual eye candy which looks imo very realistic. I captured a little video that you can see for yourself.

http://media.putfile.com/Minigun-42

If the DEV Team likes this effect, i would be happy to send you the modified files if you want to include it in your mod. Please send me a short PM if you're interested.

Tags
flashes, missing, muzzle