project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Old 2009-10-04, 13:36   #1
Pronck
Supporting Member

Default [AAR] Broken Arrow! I repeat Broken Arrow!

Chicago Hardcore server.

at the 28th of September my friends and I were playing on this server. We were playing operation barracuda, we'd one pilot in our squad because the most of squads were full or locked. We landed at the swamps to move on on our objective. Some of us were people that just played PR for only a half week. Our objective was rendezvous at the swamps and secure the lz, after that we'd to move on further on our objectives. The assault team moved for wards, near that hill ridge further out of the coast. They got shot near the river, it wasn't very hot till then. The medic went to them, I covered him. When we arrived at the wounded soldiers we got in a heavy long range firefight (there were probably 3 to 4 squads moving on that hill ridge). We falled back, we got some support from the second squad. On of the transport Huey got hit, he crashed near the lz. The commander gave orders to hold our ground till area attack was ready. All the Chinese squads were moving further onto us. We couldn't hold the line, it became even worser. A Chinese jeep (The one with the 50. cal on top) was pinning us down. The other squad wanted to evacuate, but the Huey that came also got shot. About 3 man got killed by the explosion of the Huey. A huge amount Chinese were running of the hill, the squad leader called Broken Arrow I repeat Broken Arrow! (Just like in we were soldiers ). We got luck, the attack Huey was just reloaded. Our squad leader popped the green smoke to signal our position. The Huey shot the most of the Chinese infantry in his first hit and run attack, the second was less effective but still good enough to stop the attack. We got the permission to move up, to crush their infantry actually, I got shot. The medic revived me, and healed me with some field dressings. The attack Huey shot his last rockets on the Chinese jeep(s). He'd to rearm. We had taken the biggest part of the hill ridge. The most of the Chinese squads were already re spawned, they were charging on our line. Our commander immediately called in an area attack on their firbases and rally points. I was moving further up to report the damage. When I got the order to fall back I found my squad leader dead. (We got no rally point). Also the medic and the grenadier were dead. Only the support gunner was left, and 2 other soldiers. We falled back, for evac. The Huey covered us when falling back. We had to wait one minute for the Huey ( he wasn't spawned yet), the line was overrunned by the Chinese. We falled back to the cliff. The Huey was loading, we were under heavy fire. Our attack Huey got shot high in the air, but the pilot could jump out, he landed just behind us in the water. I popped some smoke grenades to cover us. The pilot popped red smoke for extraction, the Huey picked us up and flew us back to the carrier. I was shocked about the huge amount of tickets that we'd lost. We lost the round but I gain a lot of experience this game.
Last edited by Pronck; 2011-05-30 at 19:38..
Old 2009-10-17, 12:19   #2
Megagoth1702
Supporting Member

Default Re: [AAR] Broken Arrow! I repeat Broken Arrow!

in pr,for me,its not about winning , its about playing with good people an getting into situations like the one you described.
awesome man.=)

Megagoth1702 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 18:59   #3
goguapsy

"In PR, one can be overjoyed by a single impressive attack or tactical movement. Winning is a bonus."
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 22:34   #4
Herbiie

Niiice one

Pity you lost but oh well

Tbh I always find playing tactically and losing is more fun with extracts and last stands etc.
Herbiie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 22:50   #5
Polka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost-recon View Post

Time: Dutch Afternoon
Thats so lame, but cool story bro :3
Polka is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 11:12   #6
Jarryd_455495

WOW! THATS A TXT BLOCK!. but yeah i love those kool single moments, had some good ones on al abarsh and ramiel
Jarryd_455495 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aar, arrow, broken, repeat