project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Czech Forces
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Czech Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Czech Forces faction.

View Poll Results: Version of SA-58 with bajonet?
Yes 55 84.62%
No 10 15.38%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-11-25, 11:33   #21
Claymore
Banned
Default Re: Voting SA-58 with bajonets or not?

Ok, thanks Nr. 1 sounds reasonable.
Old 2009-11-25, 14:23   #22
Bellator

No. Doesn't look professional.
Old 2009-11-25, 21:08   #23
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Bayonet all the way! However, I don't believe the bayonet should be on the weapon at all times. I'd like to see a short animation putting it on the weapon when you switch to it, like the british SA-80 is now.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

Old 2009-11-25, 21:37   #24
Herbiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priby View Post
Voted no.
I have searched some time and couldnt find a single picture of a czech fixed bayonet and i do think they are used rarely in all armies.
And you wouldnt put in on at the most encounters you have anyway, you would simply pull your knife.
All soldier Fix Bayonets. Saves time. Why a 6 inch long knife when you can turn your rifle into a spear? especially for short weapons. There's so many psychological and physical reasons why you should fix bayonets, that section commanders better have a bloody good reason for not fixing them.
Old 2009-11-25, 22:32   #25
Priby
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbiie View Post
All soldier Fix Bayonets. Saves time. Why a 6 inch long knife when you can turn your rifle into a spear? especially for short weapons. There's so many psychological and physical reasons why you should fix bayonets, that section commanders better have a bloody good reason for not fixing them.
Maybe because you are a lot more versatile?
Maybe because it makes your weapon longer, which can be hindering in close combat?
Maybe it even affects your aiming, due to the additional weight on the front?

You could hurt friends with it, if you are stacked up at a wall or in other situations.
If you can stab them you can shoot them , plus you have more control over the weapon because of the shorter length. And in case you run out of ammo and encounter an enemy, you could still ram the barrel into his face, probably incapacitates them as good as a bayonet in the stomach and also gives you the possibility to arrest him.

There are a few dozen pictures that show fixed bayonets in combat, but tons of pictures without. I agree with you on the psychological point, or maybe if its a tradition in a certain unit (E.g. Argylls iirc), but basically its just a relic of long gone, bolt action and gun powder days.

Another thing is that you cant shoot and stab while you have the bayonet selected in PR. That could ruin a lot of the charges and isnt really realistic either.

Old 2009-11-25, 23:09   #26
Herbiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priby View Post
Maybe because you are a lot more versatile?
Maybe because it makes your weapon longer, which can be hindering in close combat?
Maybe it even affects your aiming, due to the additional weight on the front?

You could hurt friends with it, if you are stacked up at a wall or in other situations.
If you can stab them you can shoot them , plus you have more control over the weapon because of the shorter length. And in case you run out of ammo and encounter an enemy, you could still ram the barrel into his face, probably incapacitates them as good as a bayonet in the stomach and also gives you the possibility to arrest him.

There are a few dozen pictures that show fixed bayonets in combat, but tons of pictures without. I agree with you on the psychological point, or maybe if its a tradition in a certain unit (E.g. Argylls iirc), but basically its just a relic of long gone, bolt action and gun powder days.

Another thing is that you cant shoot and stab while you have the bayonet selected in PR. That could ruin a lot of the charges and isnt really realistic either.
The Main reason you don't see troops with bayonets in combat is because they don't want too look too aggressive when they go on patrol. They don't want to scare the locals.

If you hurt your friends with it then you're a careless idiot tbh. But bayonets aren't that long, and don't upset the balance of a weapon (especially Bull Pup) that much.

Nothing beats a bayonet with some guts behind it in CQB, it's been proven to make you more aggressive, braver, and a HELL of alot scarier.
Old 2009-11-26, 11:44   #27
Snork_SVK

I have an idea but I do not know whether this idea is already here, where appropriate, whether it was too complicated for the skripters / coders.

If you had that option with the button 1 is mounted on the gun bayonet, and he remains the weapon mounted and you can shoot, and then click some button for example: X and you can anytime stab him... in slot 3 should have been a weapon without a bayonet...

Of course, a weapon would be mounted bayonets of change some parameters such as maneuverability...

I think it would be somewhat realistic experience...
Old 2009-11-27, 07:38   #28
lilkilla

yes it more fun to play with it

Tags
bajonets, sa58, voting