project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2009-10-16, 17:42   #11
Nibbit
Default Re: I wonder...gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
Don't write it off too quickly ..

A Fire Base with wire and fox holes around the perimeter hinders/denies access too opposition forces too..
I dont know man, in theory yes, but in my experience I allways see this stuff put up next to FOBs and then everyone wanders off to flags/objs/other places, leaving the FOB undefended and kinda of giving away its pos. with all the stuff next to it.
Old 2009-12-13, 21:29   #12
cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
Don't write it off too quickly ..

A Fire Base with wire and fox holes around the perimeter hinders/denies access too opposition forces too..
No it doesn't.

The wires you can just run around, and the fox holes give -300% concealment. The HMG they threw in is another useless addition that gets some guy shot in the head by a scoped rifleman they never saw. On top of that, they build them in the middle of nowhere and then just run away, so it's essentially just litter.
Old 2009-12-13, 21:40   #13
Herbiie

Then get your squad to defend it

If you play the Betas you will see that people either build an FB adn nothing else then move on or build an FB turn it into fort Knox and defend it.
Old 2009-12-13, 22:58   #14
PFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post
No it doesn't.

The wires you can just run around, and the fox holes give -300% concealment. The HMG they threw in is another useless addition that gets some guy shot in the head by a scoped rifleman they never saw. On top of that, they build them in the middle of nowhere and then just run away, so it's essentially just litter.
Easy answer.

Get a squad to defend it. Get that beloved marksman kit to watch for those long range snipers who would pick off your HMGs, then when someone rolls up in a vehicle or starts peppering you with LMG fire you unload on them with the HMGs.

Also, placement is important. No matter your defenses you build it in a retarded spot it'll be easily wiped out. If its a forest map you're probably better off just hiding it and building nothing. If its a cross roads set up HMGs to watch the likely avenues of approach, send your INF to screen the flanks.

Its about creativity and intelligence and not being a whore and just bouncing from objective to objective. Helps to have squaddies that dont suck badly too.

A final note is that static defenses fail if your team isn't putting any pressure on the other team. You get rolled if the rest of the team is retarded. Just a reality of the game. But a good FOB placement is a huge force multiplier for a good squad in a good spot. Lets you hold an important spot and let the rest of the team get on with moving. If they don't move... you may be in trouble.
Last edited by PFunk; 2009-12-13 at 23:03..
Old 2009-12-14, 18:40   #15
Myru

+1

I think the scoreboard needs being reworked. I'd say just have 3 columns:

1) Teamplay score (points for everything not directly influencing the tickets of both teams, such as healing, reviving, building, and so on)

2) Ticket relevant score (positive and negative points for actions directly influencing the tickets of both teams)
Example for 1 player:
-Gunner in tank, kills 2 enemy tanks, 8 infs, then gets shot by HAT
-Takes A10, crashes on start
-Playing inf, killing 9 enemy infs, 1 tank (HAT) and 1 truck, while dying 3 times.

To sum up:
1) 20 tickets (tanks) + 8 tickets (infs) - 10 tickets (loss of tank) - 1 ticket (loss of life) = +17 score
2) -10 tickets (A10 loss) - 1 ticket (loss of life) = +6 score
3) +9 tickets (kills) + 10 tickets (Tank-kill) + 3 tickets (truck-kill) - 3 tickets (deaths) = +27 score

3) Last column for the players latency (ping)
Old 2009-12-15, 04:00   #16
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer

omgz who cares about the score!? People set up firebases so there are places to spawn, not for points. The points mean flap all, since there's no rankings et al!! Yes, people are fools for building wire & foxholes all over the place [and then leaving], but hey it makes it easier for me to find and kill their firebases, so I hope they don't stop with the lunacy.

Honestly, I wish they'd just remove the TAB [scoreboard] functionality, much less worrying about points, kills & scoreboard placement then!
Old 2009-12-15, 09:09   #17
Nick_Gunar

...already in this thread :

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...llocation.html

The only question is : do you play for points or for fun?

Having 0 kill and 10 deaths and still enjoying the game with my friends. Also, there is self-satisfaction (you wreck several tanks, apcs and stuff, you don't have a lot of points, heck you just pound the team lol).

You should be proud...
Old 2009-12-15, 19:32   #18
DaKillerFox
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Gunar View Post
...already in this thread :

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...llocation.html

The only question is : do you play for points or for fun?

Having 0 kill and 10 deaths and still enjoying the game with my friends. Also, there is self-satisfaction (you wreck several tanks, apcs and stuff, you don't have a lot of points, heck you just pound the team lol).

You should be proud...
Hm, that's a good point right there, (pun intended). Hahaha, but seriously, I don't even pay attention to the points. Yeah, who cares if GI Jane and Barbie over there get a gazillion points for putting up a FOB, along with a beauty salon and an open air market. If you blow up a tank, an apc and kill a ton of enemies, pat yourself on the back and continue on. I've never understood why people are so concerned with points, you can't take the points with you once the rounds over. I guess you could take a screenshot to brag to your buddies, but honestly, who cares. The people that do that and then argue about it, need to get a life. If I die a million times and get no kills, but I can save a squad mate from getting shot just one time in PR, I feel pretty good.
Old 2009-12-15, 20:02   #19
Lindahl

Dont really get this hole point thing, yea I mean it is nice to be in the top 3 after a round but it will all be forgotten when the next map is loaded. Serveral rounds with fantastic gameplay and teamwork, you find yourself in the bottom anyway, and really who cares?

Tags
gameplay, wondergameplay