project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2010-01-23, 12:01   #11
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Harsh and difficult terrain of Karbala

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookimonsta View Post
wait wait wait wait wait, howd you get your throttle to work with vehicles? my joystick has a throttle on it and I wanted to use it to control speed on vehicles but it always did either 100% or 0%.

can someone tell me how to get this working?
probably a problem with your sensitivity

Though! I thoroughly recommend you use your joystick Y axis instead anway

that way you can let go of your joystick to brake, whereas you might forget to set ur throttle to 0%

go to controls, land vehicle, select accelerate and push your joystick forward or pull it back depending on how you prefer it, and win shall occur.

Old 2010-01-23, 12:51   #12
Arnoldio
Banned

Cant the river be continued?
Old 2010-01-23, 13:42   #13
Herbiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLean View Post
While we are on the subject of offroading I must say I think its weird how easy it is to go offroad in PR. Try hitting 100 km/h while going offroad IRL and you are in for hell of a bumpy ride and your mechanic will soon be a wealthy man.
Depends on the Vehicle.

If you drive off road in a Civi car then you'll die, if you drive off road in a armoured Huvmee with BIG wheels and high suspension you won't.

Ofcourse, why you can drive up mountains in a pick up truck is beyond me.

Personally the only thing that needs changing is the banks of the river - it's stupid that you can't pull yourself out of the water.
Old 2010-01-23, 18:24   #14
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChizNizzle View Post
Cant the river be continued?
Finally someone noticed the point here (irony, anyone?). Thank you! Yes, the river can and should be continued. For example, rivers in Al Basrah and Korengal Valley are made correctly, thus they extend beyond playable map area. In BF2 Editor it's called Surrounding terrain and it can have height map and it can even host static objects.

Any map can have eight surrounding terrain elements (up, down, left, right, up-left, up-right, down-left, down-right) but here we probably could do with just two, up and down, where river extends to the horizon. This would very effectively stop the kind of glitching/exploiting shown in my videos.
Last edited by bad_nade; 2010-01-23 at 18:30..

Tags
difficult, harsh, karbala, river, terrain