project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2010-01-28, 17:25   #1
Herbiie
Default British WoodLand Uniforms :S

Hey,

I had a close look at them and got confused.

Commando Flashes, Rifles Green Berets, and I don't even know what Cap Badge?

What's going on :P

They have Commando Flashes and therefore should have a Commando Green Beret (it's slightly lighter than the current one, which is more like the Rifles beret).

It may not seem a big deal to some - but the Green Beret is pretty damn important to lots of people, along with the Commando Flash it's a symbol that you are one of the British Elite, like the Maroon Beret of the Paras.

Also can some 1 tell me what that cap badge is? I don't recognise it
Old 2010-01-28, 17:45   #2
Pride
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: British WoodLand Uniforms :S

They're due an overhaul sometime in the not too distant future, i wouldn't worry about it too much.

/Pride

eddie: the MoD aren't just going to start blurring their faces so they look 'well ard' are they?
Old 2010-01-28, 19:52   #3
Scot
Supporting Member

If my memory serves me well, it depends on the map for what British woodland skin is in use. On OGT and Bi Ming, they are using a Marine skin, with the green beret, and on maps which aren't jungle, like Qingling(although I'm not 100% sure), they use a different cap badge. Although this may well have changed.

Old 2010-01-28, 20:47   #4
Herbiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Scot View Post
If my memory serves me well, it depends on the map for what British woodland skin is in use. On OGT and Bi Ming, they are using a Marine skin, with the green beret
As I say - the Beret is not the commando beret or the Royal Marines cap badge, it's a rifles beret with a different cap badge.
Old 2010-01-29, 00:51   #5
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Scot View Post
If my memory serves me well, it depends on the map for what British woodland skin is in use. On OGT and Bi Ming, they are using a Marine skin, with the green beret, and on maps which aren't jungle, like Qingling(although I'm not 100% sure), they use a different cap badge. Although this may well have changed.
I'm not sure scot, afaik there is just woodland and default (desert)

Really the Brits need the love that the USA has received in .9, I'm sure someone will get to it eventually.
Last edited by Rudd; 2010-01-29 at 00:57..
Old 2010-01-29, 03:34   #6
Chuc
Retired PR Developer

That someone has already posted in this thread

Personal Folio - http://www.studioash.net
Old 2010-01-29, 04:00   #7
ReadMenace

Tell me when to go.

-REad
Old 2010-01-30, 19:37   #8
Jackabyte

I think the cap badge is of the Devonshire and Dorset regiment, Which are no longer known as the d&d's because they are apart of the Rifles. And 1 RIFLES are all commando trained and therefore have the right to wear the commando dagger flash.

Or at least that's what I thought?
Old 2010-01-30, 19:39   #9
Herbiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackabyte View Post
I think the cap badge is of the Devonshire and Dorset regiment, Which are no longer known as the d&d's because they are apart of the Rifles. And 1 RIFLES are all commando trained and therefore have the right to wear the commando dagger flash.

Or at least that's what I thought?
they wear the Flash & the beret.

Tags
british, uniforms, woodland