project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2010-02-02, 17:46   #1
ghoststorm11
Default Clans and private servers

can anyone tell me what its like to play with a clan on a private server compared to a public server? I would like to know if the gameplay is exponentially better than public?
ghoststorm11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 18:22   #2
Thermis
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Clans and private servers

Vary rarely do I play privately with my clan on a server we own or have access to. Mostly we play on public servers together against the public on mass. Its much more fun that way IMO. If we play on a locked server its because we are playing a scrim against another clan which is also fun, but that happens on occasion, and isn't an everyday thing.
Thermis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 18:27   #3
snooggums

Not many clans/groups have enough players to run a full passworded server so it would be hard to say what the differences they would have in common.

Most server quality is simply dependent on who is playing at that time and some servers have a higher ratio of good players to bad on a regular basis. I wouldn't assume a locked server has any better game play than most of the popular servers, which are popular because they have good teamwork more often than not.
snooggums is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 18:58   #4
Shooter90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoststorm11 View Post
can anyone tell me what its like to play with a clan on a private server compared to a public server? I would like to know if the gameplay is exponentially better than public?
Not exponentially better; as a person who has been in clans (not in this game of course), I can guarantee it's much more organized and more communication than a a group of randomly bored people wanting to "kill stuff". Sometimes it's just plain BS when you are trying to do something, but you usually will experience an adrenaline rush a a planned assault.
Shooter90 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 21:06   #5
Drunkenup

Well I can tell you it can be much more coordinated and the outcome of the battle is much more satisfying than that of on a pubber server. I've had too many experiences with pubbers that don't know how to play at all, and the game turns out crap cause some guy thought that waiting outside of the MEC main with a Abrams was a good idea instead of being with the rest of the squad. But to be honest, pubbers are some fun guys, especially those who keep coming that to your server, and support you deeply. But the clan I'm in and its allies that we play with constantly have enough people to have a whole non-public team. And its happened before. TAR+TMP+GS, vs. Pubbers. Assault on Mestia 64. Great battle.
Drunkenup is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
clans, private, servers