project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Old 2010-03-10, 22:00   #1
Arnoldio
Banned
Default [AAR] Search and destroy 2

This time, PMC server, Canadians, Yamalia AAS

I've formed a recon squad consisting of 3 guys. Our team caps two flags, CCCP do the same.

Canadians we were, just arrived to the Lima objective, being in the capping stage. We came via motorbikes, to continue our mission once we cap. But evrything doesnt go as planned, we were instantly in a crossfire situation, APC from the N, enemy FOB about 400m south, with a TOW.

So we capped that, a AT gun spawned right where we were taking cover... First thing we ate a TOW missile.

So rewpawning on the main base, we took the transport jeep. I drove to the E of the enemy fob position... About half a click away we disembarked and proceeded on foot. So we came to the end of the forrest and realy inspect out the area of the FOB. I mark out all the important stuff. There was a 300m wide field between us and the FOB filled with enemies, giving hell to our teammates on the Lima objective.

Only option was to crawl all the way. So we did it. I was so confident we were gonna make it alive to the other side, and we did it. Saw a chopper dropping off even more troops. Then it came to my head, we would be less noticeable if we grabbed som RU kits... So we crawled to the helicopter LZ, hoping we would find some crates. We succedded, crawled closer to the crates, when an enemy came to one of them. I was the leader, thus the firt one, closes one, just 10m away, liying in the grass. My hearth was beating like mad. We stood still for a minute. He also did, so we declared him afk and as i just want to stabb him and get closer, another guy came out of nowhere. I stood up to go stabb the original one but quickly proned back as i saw another guy just 1m infront of me, just on the other side of the crate.

Anyway, i got obred of waiting, i grab my knife, stab the guy who wasnt afk first, in the back, then the other guy in the chest. Now we had to do it quickly. We all ran up to the FOB, i stabbed it, then we needed to clear the place up. A sneaky medic was hiding under a tree, and he got oune of my guys just a split second before i got him. Luckily he was a medic, so i got him up and told him to keep the kit. As we didnt had any inc. grenades, we needed a kit with that to destroy the other assets. Luckily, the afk guy had it so i made my other squadmember take it. There were also some ammo boxes so he was able to easily destroy all the assets placed.

Comments as "really good work squad 4" and " squad 4, what you just did was badass" followed... forgot to tell it wouldnt be possible without others taking lead while we were approaching.

We did our task, saw there is some fighting goin on at the Lima objective (even though our team was allready on the next objective), and we were the closest to help... we didnt make it, had like 300m walk over the field and were no match for a well placed PKM in the woods.

In the end, we took over the russian main, really good game.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 11:41   #2
Nehil
Default Re: [AAR] Search and destroy 2

I was on that squad who set up the FOB, TOW and 2 .50cals giving the guys at Lima a hard time. I think there was our squad (6) plus a few more guys there. We were under sniper fire so all of our focus was pointed north, at Lima. But we gave those canadians hell with fire superiority!

And sure enough, until I read your story I had no idea WTF happend. I knew we got wtfbbq-owned by some canadians in CQB, but we had no idea how you got there. We were on a 'island' that had about 350 meters of open field in all directions. The thought that someone was crazy enough to crawl all that distance didn't even cross my mind.

So, after we got pwned, we respawned at main, got a chopper to drop us off about 470 meters south of our last position. This time I was the designated sniper and we also had a marksman with us. We stayed while the other 4 continued north to your location while we provided accurate fire. After about 5 rounds with the sniper rifle my internet connection died and stayed dead for about 2 hours

(posted this replay in the other thread first)
Nehil is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aar, destroy, search