project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Old 2010-03-17, 07:14   #1
BadGuy
Default [AAR] SG1 Trek and an Unbelivable Shot

I was like a recon in my squad on map Al Bag.

I had a SG1 as I am a good marksmen. The gun is tricky but to use it was good for that hill to hill type of open combat.

The spawn was near the dam on the right side. I had to get to the beach on the east. I see two Americans going up the hill from the bottom. I shoot at one and the both are prone. That ended with two kills. two APCs came on the road so I hid down hill while the squad with the firebase took them both out. Then a attack Huey came and was flying by.

This was the point of insanity. I Laid prone and fired three shots at the Huey and the third shot did something I suddenly see the rotterblades stop as it just crashed down. My best guess is I shot at the moving Huey and the third bullet hit through the glass to the pilot's head. I was saying to my squad "I think I just shot and killed the pilot from the Huey"

The shots were at least about 250-300 meters and shooting in the sky is tricky.

Now after that I united with my squad. in a still recon perspective and I said there was a sniper in the west hills. I see him and decide to play with him. The first shot is a surprise And I actually hit him. He runs away behind a hill in the mountains. That shot was sniper combat effectiveness so I had to wait very long for that, 400 meters plus.

Course the sniper had the best sniper rifle and got me in one shot.

After that was dodging three heli rocket strafe runs on the beach.

But really that happened like a month ago and the last time I was on Al Bag. Even though the SG1 is bad in the city type maps but is is good in open field.
BadGuy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 17:44   #2
Zrix
Supporting Member

Default Re: SG1 Trek and an Unbelivable Shot

Meh, expected the thread to be about Stargate and Star Trek

But nice story nonetheless, gotta love those lucky shots.

Zrix is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 19:06   #3
Stealth Clobber

Al Bag? Lol I believe you mean Jabal al Burj?
Stealth Clobber is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 20:32   #4
BadGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Clobber View Post
Al Bag? Lol I believe you mean Jabal al Burj?
Yes that map.
BadGuy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 21:10   #5
JohnnyTheIED
Banned
Default Re: [AAR] SG1 Trek and an Unbelivable Shot

I love the g3 sg1, In full auto it brings back memories of the HK21e

Shot down many hueys with that thing. My best was a game ender, Jabal city, hotel roof. Been camping and sniping outskirts of city for a few mins, suddenly ticket Alarm rings in as attack huey storms in. I turn around slowly and still scoped, after his strafe he breaks right towards me. I click on the full automatic mode, Empty a mag into the cockpit. He must have been at 100m when I opened fire and like 20m when I stopped.

Next thing you know the huey's crashing into a building next to hotel, game ends: 8-0. We win.
JohnnyTheIED is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aar, sg1, shot, trek, unbelivable