project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
16 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Old 2010-04-10, 01:00   #1
Web_cole
Supporting Member

Default [AAR] NATO Event: Seige at Ochamchira

I thought I would do a short () AAR on the Ochamchira round as Militia during our NATO Teamwork event. Unfortunately I have no screens or map or anything, so bear with me Btw, this is pretty much the first round I've ever properly COed, so be kind

(TLDR below )

The round started with me... not actually in command yet. This kind of threw me a bit, as I'd had a rough idea of how I wanted my forces to deploy initially. Had I been able to plan deployment, I probably would have had 1 squad move South of the city, whose job it was to get shot at. Everyone else would have moved far North to try and come at the British lines from behind in one giant blob.

But that didn't happen.

Squad 3 had deployed far to the West of the SW Defence flag in the forest. I instructed them to go about there business and when they died, respawn at the FoB SE of the SE Defence Flag. Most of the team was deployed here, and engaged in attacking SE Defence. One other squad was at the oil drums due S of the British positions.

Not how I wanted it at all. I figured our main advantage was that they had to split their forces between both flags. Therefore we should have ALL squads heap the pressure at one point along their lines.

Sufficed to say, when we actually greyed SE Defence I'm pretty sure there was no one more surprised than me At this point I was still engaged in getting most of the squads to talk to me. And I was even more baffled when Squad 3 somehow managed to cross the river without dieing and cap SW by themselves.

I ordered Squad 3 to hold at SW, and one of the more responsive squads, Squad 1, to hold at SE. I took a logi truck over to the SE flag, and managed to flip it 200M out.

Meanwhile, the rest of the team was pushing up N of the SE Defence flag, and reporting heavy contacts on the Central flag- as you'd expect- to their immediate W. They had become bogged down and seemed unable to advance any further. As such, I ordered Squad 1 to join in the attack from directly S of Central Defence- and probably unwisely- also took Squad 3 of off SW and instructed them to pressure the enemy flag from the W.

I was pretty confident no Brits would be getting at SE, but leaving SW completely undefended was risky at best.

This seemed to pay off when Squad 3 managed to break through onto the flag, with Squad 1 in fairly close support to their S. However, the flag stayed British and both squads were eventually beaten back.

Shortly after this British mortar rounds started to impact around the SE Defence flag, the only witness to this event being myself As soon as I saw those mortars coming in, I definitely should have pulled a squad back onto SE; it couldn't be much else but an indication of an impending assault. I only did so when I was eventually wounded by small arms fire, instructing Squad 3 to move back onto SW Defence.

If there had been any kind of major assault at that moment, I have no doubt things would have gone very different, but squad 3 revived me and reported only minimal contacts in the area. I can only surmise we were putting too much pressure on for them to risk any kind of major counter-attack.

Eventually, largely due to the efforts of Squads 1, we greyed Central Defence, and I immediately ordered all squads to push onto the flag, securing it.

It was pretty obvious by this point that the round would soon be over, one way or the other. I decided it was time to use the mortars, and Squad 1 dutifully lazed a position they assured me was crawling with Brits. I urged all squads to push onto the NE Defence flag as soon as the mortar strike was over, having Squad 7 sneak around to the N and come at them from their flanks. Shortly after the arty struck, the round ended. 15 - 0 to us

Notables: Squad 3 (lead by Adriaan) and Squad 1 (lead by [GIS+]DieWahreEnte) These were my go-to-guys the whole round

Also, Squad 4 for running supplies.

TLDR: I beat Wicca, na-na nana na!

If you read all that, have a cookie.
Last edited by Web_cole; 2010-04-10 at 09:04..
Old 2010-04-10, 01:10   #2
Jigsaw

Default Re: [Commander AAR] NATO Event: Seige at Ochamchira

Can I have my cookie now?

Cool story bro.
Jigsaw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 01:15   #3
Web_cole
Supporting Member

There's no cookie smiley. I demand a cookie smiley!

I forgot to add this is the first round I've ever really COed
Web_cole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 04:12   #4
Stoic Sentinel

Epic, mate

No cookies?!
Stoic Sentinel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 09:07   #5
Web_cole
Supporting Member

Cookie
Web_cole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 09:18   #6
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

yep, that was an awesome round
(proud sq3 member):P

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 11:16   #7
Tte.oteo

awesome round¡¡¡

My first event with the mumble and i have to say that was a perfect experience¡
I was in th PR NATO adriaan squad, very good SL.
Tte.oteo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 16:19   #8
Wicca
Supporting Member

Hah... Well let me say one thing.

We were just planning on defending Central because of the big builing.

Needless to say we were using the kitchen as a panic room, epic game really close. I had tons of fun!

I wish i would have done better on The next battle, alot of mumblers, but i couldnt cap the goddamn flag on Golf!

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 17:01   #9
Adriaan
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Hehe, yeah that was a nice game, same for Yamalia. Thanks for bearing with me and my failing mic everyone who was in my squad, you were awesome
Nice commanding Web

Adriaan is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aar, commander, event, nato, ochamchira, seige