project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2010-06-02, 20:42   #1
ytman
Default Shock and Awe.

Alrighty ladies and gents, entirely gents I'd assume though, I would like this to be a Think Tank and AAR of events and scenarios that resulted in a decisive attack using Surprise and Overwhelming Force.

The event that will start this off will be called: The Strategic OMG Rocket.

At least twice I've ran my squad into an enemy FO with a squad nearby (or building). Utmost care was taken to locate the major players of the FO (the FO of course and any asset that can shoot/is occupied) and Squad (those being medic and Officer) secretly. With intel gained the troops move up as a Line and are ideally assigned targets.

Now the crux of this tactic is having a H-AT or L-AT kit and an AR. Given the order my AT fires at the FO (or the largest grouping of INF) and upon firing the AT the rest of the squad opens upon any poor sod.

Both times when using this tactic, once on Qwai and once on Yamalia, the enemy force is so surprised that they can not return fire and those who attempt to are normally killed.

On Qwai the attack went perfectly and no loses were inflicted, during the twenty seconds of fighting.

On Yamalia the attack was stellar but the enemy position was too entrenched to be done with right away, so we pulled back, pushed south, and attacked again. The second attack was expected somewhat, but the change in position caused a couple more casualties on the enemy. Eventually, since we were not successful in killing the enemy outright we were drawn into a prolonged firefight against a force possibly twice our size.

However, if we were granted support from another squad victory could almost have been certain then.
ytman is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
awe, shock