project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2010-07-16, 16:10   #21
Frosty2200
Default Re: Think and deploy game mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAAN4 View Post
the USA military certain aren't just for Spc ops, but indeed they use it more extessive that any other faction in world. indeed. but it's just a EX of what faction bonuses they will win.

Of course this will unbalace if you commander suck and the faction bonus are bad maded and bad thicked. has any game can turn into trash whichtout proper balacemt of it's concepts. Gameplay > reality, you kwon that.
I'm not positive but from what I've read you have almost no idea what Special Forces do. The USA military "uses spec ops more" becuase of the new type of warfare that is constantly going on with the taliban and such (guerrilla warfare). This type of warfare as we've seen countless times in history cannot be beaten by standard platoon tactics. Since the USA is the world power (at the moment) this is probably why you come to these conclusions.

Back on topic though. Your idea could eventually become a great game. However this day in age a RTS and a FPS is a revolutionary by itself, you'll need to have a main brand like "Tom Clancy" (they do have a game out like this but no FPS "End War") before a full community will be willing and able to play this game. Sorry mate, give it another year or two then pop the idea out there again.
Frosty2200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 17:54   #22
HAAN4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty2200 View Post
I'm not positive but from what I've read you have almost no idea what Special Forces do. The USA military "uses spec ops more" becuase of the new type of warfare that is constantly going on with the taliban and such (guerrilla warfare). This type of warfare as we've seen countless times in history cannot be beaten by standard platoon tactics. Since the USA is the world power (at the moment) this is probably why you come to these conclusions.

Back on topic though. Your idea could eventually become a great game. However this day in age a RTS and a FPS is a revolutionary by itself, you'll need to have a main brand like "Tom Clancy" (they do have a game out like this but no FPS "End War") before a full community will be willing and able to play this game. Sorry mate, give it another year or two then pop the idea out there again.
sorry men if i missed, but at last i hit 2 headshots in USA army, extra aircraft firepower, and extra commander assets.

shiet happens, and actually these are not just spec forces, is the elite squad. what mean it could be a veteram platon, a airborn squad, a stormtrooper, wtf. all depeds the power ups the commander has chosen to it.

the main point of the ideia has, USA must have some ground forçes bonuses, or otherwise it will be weak. did you like to be a infantry in a faction where don't favor it? wtf like i say it's just a exemple of how US amry can look to be. , also the USA give bonuses to heavy weopows what they use a bit more often that other faction in the world or at last has the best heavy weopows because M249 is piece of pain you kwon where and jevelin and SAW HAT is a very acuracy and powerfull Anti gun, also they have a extessive use of granadiers and snipers. but alterations are welcome.

hoever i don't see why not place it in PR2, it's about everthing PR stand for, Tatics, estrategy, realism and teamwork. exept the vast ammount of freedown to deploy you own fithing style, based in currenty arsenal available in the world. i mean a commander is ablle to chose it's weopows after all he is a hight command oficer and often commanders make the fithing filosofies of the next's times. i also prefer that way of PR2, because otherwise it will look just like another comon tatical shooter (like arma) instead of something revulucionary. i also am very agaist the actual lack of freedown PR give's to estrategist since their tatics are more indutive that a large ammount of variations to be discovered by players.

whatever thacks for the great game
Last edited by HAAN4; 2010-07-16 at 18:09..
Old 2010-07-16, 18:12   #23
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

HAAN, forget about PR2 for now, if you continue suggesting things for it your thread will be locked. Everything what is possible to say about PR2 is already listed in PR2-FAQ.

And install spell checker for your browser, it will help you and us a lot.

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
DankE_SPB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 19:30   #24
HAAN4

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]DankE_SPB View Post
HAAN, forget about PR2 for now, if you continue suggesting things for it your thread will be locked. Everything what is possible to say about PR2 is already listed in PR2-FAQ.

And install spell checker for your browser, it will help you and us a lot.
ahh okay.

then did you understand what will be done in PR1? just to ask...
HAAN4 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 21:10   #25
Frosty2200

Quote:
sorry men if i missed, but at last i hit 2 headshots in USA army, extra aircraft firepower, and extra commander assets.

shiet happens, and actually these are not just spec forces, is the elite squad. what mean it could be a veteram platon, a airborn squad, a stormtrooper, wtf. all depeds the power ups the commander has chosen to it.

the main point of the ideia has, USA must have some ground forçes bonuses, or otherwise it will be weak. did you like to be a infantry in a faction where don't favor it? wtf like i say it's just a exemple of how US amry can look to be. , also the USA give bonuses to heavy weopows what they use a bit more often that other faction in the world or at last has the best heavy weopows because M249 is piece of pain you kwon where and jevelin and SAW HAT is a very acuracy and powerfull Anti gun, also they have a extessive use of granadiers and snipers. but alterations are welcome.
I think you missed my point there.... you also need to stop talking about the special forces or I'm going to have to give you a history lesson. The "Power ups" idea is realistic and all but it needs A. a different name (as in not being called "Power ups") and B. SUPPORT FROM THE PLAYER COMMUNITY.

Seeing as how most of us are denying you, I would once again, try again in the next year or two.
Old 2010-07-17, 00:31   #26
goguapsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty2200 View Post
B. SUPPORT FROM THE PLAYER COMMUNITY.
OMG some people actually think this is a Democracy...

This is a Fing olygarchy, alright???
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 04:03   #27
Frosty2200

Quote:
Originally Posted by goguapsy View Post
OMG some people actually think this is a Democracy...

This is a Fing olygarchy, alright???
I don't quite understand the fing olygarchy part.... explain?
Old 2010-07-17, 16:37   #28
Nagard

As far as I got it olygarchy means the government of a fiew more privileged persons (I guess he means the DEVs ^^)

Quote:
ahh okay.

then did you understand what will be done in PR1? just to ask...
I don't think there WILL be done that much mate. As frosty said there are some people whos approval you need. And as it seems now you even lost their interest in general due to your massive wave of (in my opinion pointless) suggestions.

Since I won't check back to this thread, on this point I give you my last advice: Stop suggesting every single idea that comes to your mind. Firstly your language is horrible to read. Secondly: The suggestions made by you, I've read, were wasted time and as far as I got it from the answers the bigger part of the community (that replied) does NOT like your idea, too. So THINK BETTER wether it's worth suggesting.

Don't want to offend you in any way.
Nagard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 21:30   #29
Dev1200

This is unrealistic.. your basically saying commander can "Spawn" vehicles, requisition, etc.

IIRC Vehicles can't be deployed unless it has a spawn point. Spawn points are connected by a timer..

Also, "Powerups" aren't realistic.

I've seen about 2-3 threads about "Commander placed vehicles". This is a resuggestion..

Also, PR2 won't be out for many years. Don't suggest things for it, since I doubt any of it is in full swing yet.

About your "Oligarchy" statement, the suggestions thread is so that players, moderators, and dev's can discuss a suggestion that may be produced by the dev team. Nobody is saying your suggestion is impossible and won't be put in. However, it's highly unlikely due to.. well.. it has many flaws and I don't see the plus's to offset the flaws.
Last edited by Dev1200; 2010-07-18 at 19:22..

Tags
deploy, game, mode, thick