project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2010-07-19, 23:30   #11
myles
Default Re: "Safety" IED detonators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looy View Post
How about alt firing mode for HATS/LATS/RPGS is safety on mode to?
Its diffent then that saftey he is saying that have an Ied as 1 slot and a detonater in another so you dont double click and blow yourself up
myles is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 23:36   #12
rushn
Supporting Member

i guess it makes sense but having two slots for 1 weapon does not seem like a good idea two me especially that slots are limited
rushn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 00:22   #13
Zegel

I would much rather just have a second slot for another set of IED's, so you could have to individual rounds of detonations. I've not once blown myself up placing an IED, and it's what I do 75% of the time on Insurgency - But damn does it make me laugh to picture another poor sap doing it.
Zegel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 00:57   #14
Staker

Isn't it so that if you immediately click for second time after throwing an IED it doesn't blow up at all?
Staker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 01:20   #15
Spec
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

C4 has a 5 second safety time, though IEDs don't as far as I know.

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Old 2010-07-20, 17:26   #16
ryan d ale

I can honestly say I'm pretty sure I will have placed more IEDs than 99% of PR players (in the game lol) and I have never blown myself up.

I believe it is an unneccessary suggestion.
ryan d ale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 18:22   #17
Staker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec_Operator View Post
C4 has a 5 second safety time, though IEDs don't as far as I know.
My hoogombombommethinks sense says that if you doubleclick C4, it doesn't blow up but can be blown later on. However, if you dobleclick IED it simply turns into anon-explosive blue plastic block on the ground that is visible only for a short period of time.

I'm sure this information is also located in manual and I might even check it myself .

E: The manual states what Spec_Operator said, so I guess I was wrong. Well at least IED's don't blow up if you immediately click again. And that arming time is five seconds for C4. If I read and understood correctly that is.

About the suggestion; in my opinion not neccessary. Double clicks won't blow it up, so it can only happen due to not being careful enough. Or I could be totaly wrong again and this whole post was complitely needless and shouldn't have been written at all.
Last edited by Staker; 2010-07-20 at 18:34..
Old 2010-07-21, 16:09   #18
Looy

Quote:
Originally Posted by myles View Post
Its diffent then that saftey he is saying that have an Ied as 1 slot and a detonater in another so you dont double click and blow yourself up
I know. Just thought it would be a decent feature for any kind explosive weapon that doesn't have an alternate fire already. I've never actually just clicked by mistake and killed myself, but I've sometime switched weapons using the mouse wheel and accidentaly fired an RPG in the ceilng.
Looy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 21:35   #19
Arnoldio
Banned

IEDs arent really safe anyway... its just a homemade explosive device from your taliban neigbour tinkering around his explosive-ordinated workshop. C4 has all the stuff for safety reasons and because its professionally made not homemade.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 17:07   #20
MurderDogg
Supporting Member

How hard is it for insurgents to turn an artillary shell into an ied? Maybe someone here with the proper millitary or research background could explain.

I personally like a bit of random risk in game. If 1 out of 100 ieds glitches then so be it. Just `couse the insurgent Kosiarist Oilerman`s how to manual. Doesnt mean nothing will go wrong.
MurderDogg is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
detonators, ied, safety