project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
05 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2010-07-24, 09:06   #11
superhunty
Banned
Default Re: Historical accuracy vs L33T new gear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Thermis View Post
The goal of PR has and always will be realism, we try to model in game things off of what you would commonly find on the battle field. IE even though the US Marines sometimes use M4 carbines you most use M16 and thats why they are modeled that way in game. Same goes backwards for the US Army. So basically if the L33t new gear becomes common on the battlefield then yes it will probably be implemented. But just because something new has been adopted by a country doesn't mean we'll be in a rush to but it into PR like for example Multicam for the US Army.
Thats not what Im asking though! I'm saying will the new things (whatever/whenever they are) be put into maps where they are not actually historically accurate!?!

The question isn't actually about new stuff in game but the historical accuracy element of it!
superhunty is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 10:02   #12
Sgt.BountyOrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly_Savage View Post
I believe you're confusing these two weapons:

L85 Upgrade

L22A2

Nah, they are on about the old design L85A2 with the greenish handguard at the front instead of the new RIS.

Yes, the old design will remain on Al basrah, and new RIS will be slapped in elsewhere, or in al basrah until they find a new home (e.g, the desert panther CLV)
Sgt.BountyOrig is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 10:55   #13
mangeface
Supporting Member

Quote:
IE even though the US Marines sometimes use M4 carbines you most use M16 and thats why they are modeled that way in game.
Well, let me elaborate on this quote. As of right now, the Marine infantry is currently replacing their M16A4s with the M4. All non-infantry MOSs will still use the M16A4 except for those that the M16A4 would be impractical to have, I.E. air crew, armor crewmen, and SNCOs will all carry M4s. It's just like the M27 IAR might replace the M249 SAW in the infantry (pending Gen. Conway's approval).

To Everyone:
Just because something in-game doesn't correspond with something IRL or there's some historical inaccuracy, it doesn't mean it has to be changed. I know that the Marines might end up replacing the M249 in the infantry and if it does, I'm not going to complain that it's not right. Just like the game is modeled with the M16A4s and I know that the infantry is replacing them with M4s, I'm not going to go after the Devs to get it changed. Just play the game and have fun.
mangeface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 10:59   #14
superhunty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.BountyOrig View Post
Yes, the old design will remain on Al basrah, and new RIS will be slapped in elsewhere, or in al basrah until they find a new home (e.g, the desert panther CLV)
Trus the Liverpudlian to speak some sense! Cheers mate that was all I was asking!
Old 2010-07-24, 12:36   #15
Snazz
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.BountyOrig View Post
Yes, the old design will remain on Al basrah, and new RIS will be slapped in elsewhere
Source?
Snazz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 14:12   #16
Zimmer
Supporting Member

There is no history in PR the map makers decide what factions that should be on the map. After that whats added to the factions will also be on those maps I guess.

People don't realize that autism doesn't mean they're "stupid". Just socially inept. Like rhino... > > or in a worst case scenario... Wicca. =)- Lithium fox
I found this sentence quite funny and since this is a war game forum I will put it here. No offense to the french just a good laugh.
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Zimmer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 15:43   #17
Thermis
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhunty View Post
Thats not what Im asking though! I'm saying will the new things (whatever/whenever they are) be put into maps where they are not actually historically accurate!?!

The question isn't actually about new stuff in game but the historical accuracy element of it!
PR is supposed to be set in a fictional future setting. So we are not trying to be historical, and copy the war that was fought. We are trying to capture a fake war thats not being fought aside from in the PR community
Thermis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 15:42   #18
Snazz
Supporting Member

Quote:
PR is supposed to be set in a fictional future setting. So we are not trying to be historical, and copy the war that was fought.
The OP created this thread in response to Rhino's comments in the Panther CLV thread, which contradict what you're saying:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Well technically it shouldn't be on Basrah since Basrah is based on the Iraq War when the British where in control of Basrah (From around 2003 to 2009) and back then there where no Panther CLVs there etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Thous maps, like Muttrah etc are not based on any real conflicts so we can do pretty much what the hell we like with them but maps like Basrah which are based on real conflicts we try and keep to as close as possible.
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f19...t-version.html

It's already clear and understandable that PR has a double standard when it comes to accuracy, as it represents both fictional and historic conflicts. But it gets complicated when you update a factions' equipment in response to recent changes in the field whilst maintaining maps based on old operations (eg. Basrah).
Snazz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 15:45   #19
superhunty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazz View Post
The OP created this thread in response to Rhino's comments in the Panther CLV thread, which contradict what you're saying:

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f19...t-version.html

It's already clear and understandable that PR has a double standard when it comes to accuracy, as it represents both fictional and historic conflicts. But it gets complicated when you update a factions' equipment in response to recent changes in the field whilst maintaining maps based on old operations (eg. Basrah).
What he said is perfect...
Old 2010-07-25, 18:24   #20
RELEASE_THE_KRAKEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
?

or basrah will be retired áfter the next release?
You take that type of thinking and just get out!
RELEASE_THE_KRAKEN is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
accuracy, gear, historical, l33t