project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Brazilian/FARC Forces
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Brazilian/FARC Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Brazilian & FARC Forces faction

Old 2009-12-22, 11:28   #41
Salmonella
Default Re: [Vegetation] Jungle Fever CONTINUED

I tested your suggestions, in fact it was very similiar to what I used to do.

But I noticed two problems doing this way, its hard to set camera 100% parallel to the model and when taking these screenshot you are using a perspective view, which "distort" the image, making the closer objects much larger than the rear ones.
It isn't noticiable with smalls objects, but with the cluster and big trees that I was working, there's a huge difference.

So, what I'm using is...

Create a new map 256x1
Drag your model to the center of the map.
Set not to draw terrain,fog and sky.
Set your background color to a absolute blue.
Rotate your model 90º in pitch axis
Type in the command line - renderer.maketopworldscreen 2048 "C:\sideview1" 0/500/0 1024
Rotate your model 180º in yaw axis
Type again - renderer.maketopworldscreen 2048 "C:\sideview2" 0/500/0 1024

It will generate two 2048x2048 dds files of your model taken within isometric view, then use the magic wand to select the blue background color and set it as the Alpha channel.

I'm receiving some PM about sharing these models for other jungle maps, of course I'll share it, but only when I have finished. I'm kind busy right now, I think after january 15th I'll be back to work.
I don't know what is the politics about sharing content, even if isn't been made by official Devs, I think it will need some "audit" since it will be heavily used by 3 or more commfacs!
Old 2010-03-22, 16:12   #42
.CAOZERO.

AWESOME!

I´m a brazilian PR player, and I was expecting a brazilian mod for a long time... hooah!

Well, I´m writing here to give a feedback about the jungle.

The dificult to walk on jungle is that some places the vegetation is too closed, and it makes impossible to walk trought, even walking. So, to model the map you can use it in your favor, you can close big areas, or make isles of vegetation and for that, you guys don´t need to draw the tree trunk. Just make some vegetation walls closing some areas.

Other thing that its important to think, one jungle infantary tactic its to walk fast without make noise. That can be different kinds of grounds, with dry leaves and wet leaves, one makes more noise than another, some clues to locate enemies, like trails and foot steps.

The test video its very cool, but I think that the terrain is too flat, and with too much visibility at the ground level, but I know it´s only a test map.... But it´s important to keep in mind that inside a real jungle, the visibility is about 20m and 50m most of the time.

Some featured areas will be very cool, like the movie Pretador, with a waterfall, etc...

Trucks offroad?? No chance. The roads are very bad, and to drive on a jungle it´s impossible.... Maybe a new kind of an APC, that can leave crates will be necessary.

keep the good work guys!!
Old 2010-06-07, 03:00   #43
Flakkburst

You should show this to the PR vietnam guys, the map in the trailer looked quite barren compared to this.
Old 2010-06-07, 12:14   #44
Infantry1242

It would be cool if you could climb trees in the BF2 engine.....
Old 2010-06-07, 17:02   #45
Salmonella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infantry1242 View Post
It would be cool if you could climb trees in the BF2 engine.....
in fact you can, trees are staticobjects you can attach ladders objects to it, but is very unrealistic in my opinion.
Old 2010-08-17, 02:27   #46
MikeDude

How is it going with this project? Still working on it? Any progress? Can't wait to see it being used..

Good luck!
Old 2010-08-17, 05:26   #47
Snazz
Supporting Member

I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more jungle.

But seriously, the new jungle statics are looking great:

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f35...mpest-4km.html

Tags
continued, fever, jungle, vegetation