project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2006-07-27, 14:44   #31
causticbeat

maybe set it so that sniper accuracy is directly linked to stamina, and each shot emptys your stamina? or maybe half of it. But to make up for this, like spoken of, increase acuracy
Old 2006-07-27, 15:38   #32
][V][essiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrD
Messiah, thats wrong. you mustn't tie up a squad. if you are in a squad theres no reason you can't move within a reasonable distance of a squad. even 100m out to the side you would still be considered part of the squad if you are moving from cover to cover in the same rough direction your troops are plus are covering the likely sniper points used to attack them!

lock a squad and you'll just have staff kicking you from the server for hogging a slot. as to spotting, that is squad leaders job for support of their troops. if you start spotting eneies you just want blown away things go to pot as the arty never lands to defend or aid squad attacks.

i'm sure you'll see the sense in that.
Where in my post did I say I locked a squad? Are you seeing something I'm not or are you just making assumptions, 'cause we all know what happens when you ASS-U-ME things.

I don't lock the squad. If someone joins my squad, I leave and start another one. I've NEVER played a server with less than 40 players that managed to fill all the squads. If for some unfathomable reason that would happen, I'd just have to deal with having people in my squad.

Aside from that, your entire post implies that I'm an incompetent dumba$$.

As far as spotting enemies, I go to high ground as quickly as possible so that I can keep an eye on my squad and where they're going. I can see a LOT more than my squad leader on the ground who's biggest concern is getting from point A to point B with his head intact. If I'm by myself, I get to ground where I can see the main assault and highest concentration of enemy troops and armor. That way, I put rounds on target AND can pick off any troops that get the smart idea to slip off the flank.

The next time you play, come to Gloryhoundz and you'll see exactly what I mean. Ask anyone who's played with me. I actually know what the hell I'm doing.
Old 2006-07-28, 07:39   #33
SilvuR

I agree with Messiah wholeheartedly. For you, MrD, to sit there and say that Snipers should have to stay in the area of their squad is borderline ludicrous and makes it quite obvious that you dont play Sniper much. For starters, its nearly impossible to be a member of a squad because 90% of the time your kicked for the simple fact that you are a Sniper. Then you have to deal with POS weapons that are less accurate than the assault rifles and require you to be in the prone position so that the bullets will atleast land within a couple feet of your target.

Locking a squad for yourself so you can spot enemys and call in artillery is BY FAR more usefull to your team than running up to the front lines with your squad at ranges which make your weapon ineffective only to get mowed down by super accurate assault rifles and light machine guns.

Tags
accuracy, riffle, sniper